I just can't get passed 700 points in ranked doubles. Been between 650 and 700 for a while now.

I wish we had an option to add people after the game, I've played with some people and had great synergy and we've chatted during the game and got along but after the game I don't have a button to add them with :(

Yeah, I think more people need to play "blocker" in 4v4 so their team mates aren't crushed together.

I'm still having nightmares of Benji blowing me up time and time again :( 

• Like 1

I just can't get passed 700 points in ranked doubles. Been between 650 and 700 for a while now.

I wish we had an option to add people after the game, I've played with some people and had great synergy and we've chatted during the game and got along but after the game I don't have a button to add them with :(

If you can remember the name, the PS4 itself has an option to find players you've played recently with IIRC.

What are the ways to score points?

• Shot on goal
  • Score a goal
  • Score a hat-trick
  • Assist a goal
  • Centre the ball in the opposing box
  • Make a save
  • Make a miracle save
  • Clear the ball from your team's box
  • Destroy seven (?) opponents
  • Bicycle Kick

Any others I'm missing?

Long goal or something gets you extra points.

Oh yes, I've scored many a long goal. And my first shocking own goal last night. Glad they don't record them as such like on the original.  :shifty:

Also, there's paid DLC coming soon, but free with the update is a new map based off Utopia on SARB. It was the most different map compared to the others. I wasn't a huge fan, but more maps and options are only a good thing.

http://www.rocketleaguecentral.com/and-the-first-rocket-league-dlc-map-is/

Yeah, goal is always given to the last attacking player. It's strange because on SARB, an own goal could be awarded even if you made an attempt to save it and the ball was goal bound anyway. Now, they're scrapped altogether, and like you say, a player can 'score' despite having nothing to do with the goal. 

4x4 games are annoying as hell. It is a never ending run of lining up a shot or a clearance only to have someone else, usually someone on my own team, get in the way. 

• Like 1

4v4 is fun when there's a load of us in a party, but yeah, it's mostly carnage and you're unable to get any kind of rhythm going. The pitches are bigger than in the original game (4v4 on there was atrocious) but still not big enough for 8 players, IMO. There's just so much crashing and bumping going on.