Your Guilty Pleasure Films

IDOL

I caught one of mine the other day and it gave me the idea for this thread. Everyone has them. You know, those films you shouldn't like but actually do. Films the critics and movie goers may have panned, but for some reason you find yourself watching over and over.

Here are some of mine:

PS I Love You

Land of the Lost

The Invisible

Alright, I'll say it: Super Mario Bros. yeah its not anything extraordinary by any rights, a British and a Latino actor playing two Italian plumbers, but I thought it was pretty fun when I first saw it. They could do probably do a better job with all the CGI today and all, but for 1993 or whenever it was, I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I have a few.

Twister

Yeah, the plot's kinda ridiculous (Though it has one of my favorite lines, 'He's in it for the money, not the science!'), but it just seems to work pretty well. It was a dumb, fun summer blockbuster.

Howard the Duck
:shifty: Ahem. WELL. I honestly don't see why this movie gets all the hate it does. I thought it was funny, there's some great jokes, and even if you can get past the fact that Jeffery Jones later became a pedo...his over-the-top performance is fucking awesome.

Smog inspection. Heh-heh-heh.

Harlem Nights

So, Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy finally team up, and they got a result which was....not good. But just all the crap they threw in; the fucking stuttering heavyweight champ trying to hail a taxi (T-T-Ta--T-T-Ta!), all the shit coming out of Redd Foxx's mouth...I liked it.

The Wizard

Yeah, I'm going there. The plot is a like something that was inspired by Tommy, the in-game footage is completely wrong...yet it's redeemed in my eyes almost purely by Beau Bridges and Will Seltzer, and all the fucking shit they do to each other.

• Like 1

Woo-woods! I'm gonna sue you, you hear me?! I'm gonna sue your ass when this is over!

You make money off of little kids, you miserable jerk! You ought to be shot!

Chill Factor. There is no reasonable explanation as to why this movie should entertain anyone.

Other than Skeet Ulrich being awesome?

For me it would be

Hackers

Mindhunters

Twister

City Of Angels

I'm sure there are more.

Oh God, Hackers.

Hackers is great for just one line...

"It's got a 28.8k BPS Modem!"

Not to mention Fisher Stevens.

Two other things that make it great: Twenty-year old Angelina Jolie's breasts :D .

• Like 1

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. It's my ultimate guilty pleasure and I love it.

I fucking love this.

I love Men in Tights a bazillion times more, though.

Some of my guilty pleasures off the top of my head:

Bring it On (this is just amazing everywhere)

The Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas

Futuresport (the better Rollerball)

• Like 1

I love Hackers.

I enjoyed Waterworld. It's supposed to be considered a shit fest, but Dennis Hopper is great in it.

Doomsday, another post-apocalyptic type film. This is just a fun movie, probably didn't have great reviews.

A favorite B-Movie, Bronx Warriors. Not the first, and probably not the last time I will post this video.

Just some guy playing the drums near the docks. It's ridiculous that they'd put that in the movie. Oh wait, they didn't, they filmed the scene and the guy was actually there playing drums so they just left him in the movie. I love it.

I have quite a few kid movie guilty pleasures. I love Planes, How To Train Your Dragon, Flushed Away, and Cars (and Cars 2).

I'm sure I have quite a few more, but I just don't watch movies as much as I used to.

I have quite a few kid movie guilty pleasures. I love Planes, How To Train Your Dragon, Flushed Away, and Cars (and Cars 2).

Flushed Away is definitely on my kids movie guilty pleasure list. Kiki's Delivery Service, Swan Princess and All Dogs Go To Heaven are in there too, all of them hold up. Plus Swan Princess has John Cleese as a frog with a French accent, what's not to love?

Edited by badotori

I've got a lot!

The Story of Ricky Oh, man it's just cheesy gorey fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-hrWCgWkAA

Then offcourse, Dude Where's My Car, Iframan, American Pie 1 through 4 (SO NOT THE STRAIGHT TO DVD ONES) and I always love to watch A Land Before Time.