Tonight is David Letterman's last show

Uhh...did everyone else just see that biography of L. Ron Hubbard disguised as a commercial?

Those Scientology commercials pissed me off so much. It wasn't even because I'm a Christian and Hubbard said that Jesus was just barely above normal humans as far as whatever the heck an Operating Thetan Level is. That's why Scientology bothers me, not the commercials. The reason the commercials anger me because they were so freaking boring that they put me to sleep during the live broadcast. I specifically stayed up late to watch it live, and because of them, I missed half of the show.

Still, the look on Jerry Seinfeld's face after Julia Louis-Dreyfus gave her Top Ten item was priceless.

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss was the funniest part of the whole show, if only for Jerry Seinfeld's reaction. That Taco Bell bit, from almost 20 years ago crazily enough, is one of the most enduring things he's ever done.

JLD's joke and Seinfeld's reaction was priceless. I also loved Dave constantly comparing himself to Peyton Manning.

Yeah I just loved how obvious it was that Dave thought Peyton Manning was the coolest fucking guy on Earth :P

He IS the coolest fucking guy on Earth. He was part responsible for this beauty!

• Like 1

So strange turning on CBS at 11:35 tonight and not even getting a rerun of The Late Show, but a rerun of The Mentalist instead.

Why in the middle of the week though? Why not on Friday?

Plus, the Late Show usually taped Friday shows ahead of time, sometimes even taping them on Mondays, though they switched that to Thursdays more recently, and just avoided using date-specific topics in the monologue/segments, so its not a big surprise they didn't end on a Friday, just like Johnny Carson usually didn't work Mondays and had a guest host on those nights.