5. Andrew Savage (Pearl Islands)

6. Stephen Fishbach (Tocantins)

7. Woo Hwang (Cagayan)

8. Jeremy Collins (San Jaun Del Sur)

9. Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan)

10. Joe Anglim (Worlds Apart)

Women:

1. Kelly Wiglesworth (Borneo)

2. Kimmi Kappenberg (Australian Outback)

3. Peih-Gee Law (China)

4. Ciera Eastin (Blood vs. Water)

5. Abi-Maria Gomes (Philippines)

5. Kass McQuillen (Cagayan)

6. Monica Padilla (Samoa)

7. Kelley Wentworth (San Juan del Sur)

8. Shirin Oskooi (Worlds Apart)

10. Tasha Fox (Cagayan)

HOW THE FUCK DOES SHANE FUCKING POWERS NOT MAKE IT IN. I HATE AMERICA but also do appreciate Jeff Varner making it in. T-Bird not making it in is also heartbreaking, though maybe it's for the best. Apparently Cambodia is one of the more brutal places Survivor's filmed in.

Honestly, while I'm sad no Shane, the guy was perfect the first time around and the fear would be he gets booted early.

I'm praying for a Keith-Woo-Kass-Abi-Shirin Final 5 and that Jeremy, Spencer, Stephen, Joe and Savage are the first five gone. The women's cast is great (minus Kelley). The men's cast is borrring minus Keith, Jeff V and Woo.

Oh, I want Kass eliminated asap. I'm just glad she's the only player I seriously dislike who got picked. Her type of crazy will get old a few episodes after it starts up again.

My final five: Keith, Vytas, Woo, Kelley, Shirin. Woo and Kelley are the goats. Goat free final 5? then replace them with Terry and either Jeremy (who *could* be a goat) or Ciera.

I can't see Jeremy making it far. He was a huge target last time and he got taken out early merge. He's going to have an even bigger target this time around as a loud personality, who is physically impressive and who is known to be a strategic threat.

It all comes down to tribal dynamics and who bonds in the first few days. There are the four guys with the biggest targets - Joe, Spencer, Stephen, Jeremy. I imagine 3 or 4 of them will likely be gone pre-merge. Stephen probably has the best shot of making it the furthest of the group, given that his season was a while ago, he isn't a physical threat and he looks like a nerd (this is coming from a nerd). However, he could get out there and get identified as the threat and be voted off first. Who knows? The one thing you can speculate is that given it is a group of fit players who have all prepped before hand. Keeping your tribe strong isn't going to be a priority when everyone is a physical threat.

Look at the original All Stars - who went pre-merge? Richard, Tina, Ethan, Colby, Rob C. Big physical threats or big strategic threats. Look at Heroes vs. Villains - Cirie, Tom, Boston Rob, JT, Amanda... big strategic or physical threats, all taken out either before the merge or shortly after.

Pre All Stars/Heroes vs. Villains, no one would have predicted the final 5. So, my guess is that it'll be a random assortment of characters, goats, and under the radar players.

I think Jeremy makes it to the merge but not that much further. He's honestly not that big of a threat; he's strategic, but I'd be way more worried about Spencer, Stephen, and Tasha. He's fine in challenges but I'd be way more worried about Joe, Savage, and... uh, Tasha. Jeremy strikes me as basically being a Survivor fan who gets how the game is played but is so rigid to How The Game Is Played that he's going to get outmaneuvered by someone who isn't on his radar, just like the first time.

Also Shane's first season was perfect but if there was ever a cast that could possibly replicate the Casaya magic it's this one. A Shane/Abi-Maria/Kimmi/Jeremy/Vytas/Woo trainwreck alliance would have been amazing.

Yeah, I like the cast quite a bit. I'd probably trade out Savage for Woo and Wentworth for T-Bird, although I've taken a liking to Wentworth more than I ever thought I would have.

I listened to most of the RHAPs. Pretty happy that both Mikayla and Nat Ten didn't find their way back. They don't really seem to get it. Pretty happy with the cast overall. It seems weird that there's been so much hype and now we all just have to sit around and wait until the fall to see the results play out.

I think Jeremy makes it to the merge but not that much further. He's honestly not that big of a threat; he's strategic, but I'd be way more worried about Spencer, Stephen, and Tasha. He's fine in challenges but I'd be way more worried about Joe, Savage, and... uh, Tasha. Jeremy strikes me as basically being a Survivor fan who gets how the game is played but is so rigid to How The Game Is Played that he's going to get outmaneuvered by someone who isn't on his radar, just like the first time.

I don't think he really is that big of a threat either; I don't think he actually ever would have won his season, as he clearly rubbed some of the jurors the wrong way and had an off-putting personality. That being said, I think people will perceive him as a threat, even if it isn't warranted. Jeremy's problem is that the cast is split between very recent and distant past. The recent players, I think, are going to be under the microscope that Varner and Kimmi and Savage won't be. The others are going to see Jeremy and be like "oh, yeah, he was really good his time around, he got targeted for being a big threat". That to me is why Joe, Spencer and Jeremy are going to have a tough time - there is no winners as the first obvious boots, there is no really threatening females outside of Tasha and there won't be an importance to keeping the strong physical dudes around when everyone is strong and physical.

Watching an interview with Shane Powers. He was contacted by 26 out of the 32 players who were up for it about pregame alliances; Spencer, Ciera, Monica, Tasha, never talked to him. He set up a pre-game alliance of 5, an alliance he says was genius, and the other three got on while he didn't. He pretty much claims to be done with Survivor entirely; this was like the fifth time they've tried to put him on with it not working for some reason or other (though I'm editing in now that by the end of the interview he's backtracking a little bit to go "but I'm a crazy person and maybe I'll suddenly decide that I was wrong").

He's 1000% insisting that Kass will be the first boot.

Interesting. His pre-game alliance was likely him, Terry and Vytas and somebody else.

Honestly, pre-game alliances are likely going to come into play. Look at Dawn and Cochran or say... Russell and Parvati. :D

Doesn't mean they'll last, though.

I actually think Kelly Wiglesworth might be one of them. Shane was indicating that the alliance was maybe not super-obvious and that he was only working seriously with locks, and he's really reverential of her. If Kelly's playing the "I still hate alliances and I'm going to play the same way as I did in Borneo" thing as a smokescreen then that's awesome.

He was also really evasive about talking about Abi-Maria...

• Like 1

I feel like Shane definitely would have rallied the weirdos up. I mean.... Casaya was basically just a group of big fucking weirdos.

I actually think Kelly Wiglesworth might be one of them. Shane was indicating that the alliance was maybe not super-obvious and that he was only working seriously with locks, and he's really reverential of her. If Kelly's playing the "I still hate alliances and I'm going to play the same way as I did in Borneo" thing as a smokescreen then that's awesome.

This. Kelly's return is for sure the storyline I'm most excited to see heading into the next season.

Generally pleased with the majority of the cast, I'm thinking this will be a memorable season.

This. Kelly's return is for sure the storyline I'm most excited to see heading into the next season.

Yeah, no matter what it's going to finally answer a question that's been sort of floating out there for fifteen years now. In terms of major Survivor characters who've never played twice, Kelly has to be like top 3.

The only player cast this time who I don't think clearly adds something is Wentworth, except she's a Seattleite and campaigned hard so I threw her a couple votes anyway. I really hope all of the 12 who had to go through this process make it in down the road, too. Find some contrived reason to let T-Bird do a season next year, make up for snubbing her for the original All-Stars.

What's Lex up to these days? Anyone have any idea if he'd be willing or welcomed back for another season? I remember him being pretty bitter about how All-stars played out, but maybe because he was my first Survivor I actually find myself rooting for I've been holding put for a return of some kind.

I would dig another Lex return. I'm not a fan of the 3 timers, but only if they've got an interesting story to tell.

Watching an interview with Shane Powers. He was contacted by 26 out of the 32 players who were up for it about pregame alliances; Spencer, Ciera, Monica, Tasha, never talked to him. He set up a pre-game alliance of 5, an alliance he says was genius, and the other three got on while he didn't. He pretty much claims to be done with Survivor entirely; this was like the fifth time they've tried to put him on with it not working for some reason or other (though I'm editing in now that by the end of the interview he's backtracking a little bit to go "but I'm a crazy person and maybe I'll suddenly decide that I was wrong").

He's 1000% insisting that Kass will be the first boot.

I definitely hope he's right about Kass....

• 2 months later...

They're finally starting to roll out pre-season information, and the first new wrinkle to this season is absolutely diabolical; no two Hidden Immunity Idols will look alike, and instead of being near camp they will be placed in the middle of challenges.