Survivor: Second Chances ***SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Yeah, the editing is incredibly uneven, which is especially frustrating given that these were all players that the fans voted in. On one hand, I get it; Kelly Wiglesworth is probably not saying anything all that interesting. But Kimmi, on the other hand, is very clearly playing the game and is heavily involved in one of the core groups. Can we get a confessional from her on weeks where she's not directly responsible for a blindside, please?

Spencer's the worst of it. I hope he's not winning, but at least if he wins then I'll get why the editors are fawning over him.

I didn't vote for Spencer to get back into the game, but probably the producers saw how popular he was and are giving the fans what they want. That said, I didn't vote for Spencer because I'm not a fan and I'm a bit bored of the season post-Varner. 

Yeah, "I don't get why" is a poor choice of words. He's super-popular and the editors presumably have an eye on ensuring that he's another new school star a la Cochran and Malcolm. But yeesh, enough already.

I voted for him, but mostly that's because the men's side was pretty weak. He was probably 7th on my ballot behind Fishbach, Varner, Shane, Jeremy, Vytas, and Savage (who I'm loving as the stealth villain of the season).

Maybe HvV JT. I don't think Spencer is really in a position to win. As GoGo said, he sort of stumbled through the game and keeps getting saved by other players. If he is there with Abi or Keith at the end, he may win. He's getting a lot of screen time, but he's not really a power player. 

I could see the edit maybe being a foreshadowing of Spencer taking advantage of the inevitable crossfire between all the actual movers and shakers in the game. That's sort of the best case scenario for him; that when the Savage/Jeremy/Fishbach/Ciera/Joe/Wentworth/sort of Tasha clusterfuck comes, he can Cesternino his way through those shifting alliances and whittle away at most of them. I think Spencer could win against Abi and Keith, and I think depending on the jury's mood/makeup there might be scenarios where he could beat Wiglesworth (would need a jury that's willing to look past the sentiment and instead look at the fact that she's influenced nothing thusfar), Kimmi (would need Kimmi's Bayon allies to feel jilted somehow), or even Tasha if her social game is as bad as some of the players who have been voted out have indicated.

but more likely I think that they just want to get the most out of a popular character, just like they got the most out of Varner while he was still there.

I can't believe they didn't split the vote. I can't wait to read Stephen's strategy blog about this one. My guess; the paranoia over the fact that members of their own alliance were heavily pushing to blindside each other made them decide that the risk of a flip from the likes of Joe or Stephen or Spencer was too great.

Good riddance to Savage. He's in a better place now.

• Like 1

Stephen and Jeremy are getting great edits, so you have to think that they still make it far into this game. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have liked the move tonight. Jeremy especially seemed like someone who didn't necessarily want to make that move. 

Wiglesworth was adding nothing to the game so can't be that upset she's gone. She should have known better than to have a confessional and get asked a tribal question.

Some good supplemental reading, because you need it for Kelly Wiglesworth's invisible game; Fishbach on why he went after her and Kelly's exit interview.

best word association:

Holmes: Spencer?
Wiglesworth: Spinning around in circles.

oh Spencer.

Other than Kass (who i stated I didn't want on the show in the first place well before the season started) and Abi, I haven't said who I wanted voted off. So no clue what you're talking about. 

(I did say I didn't care for certain people, but that just means I don't want them to win. You have to keep crazies and assholes/bitches around to keep things interesting.)