It's linked to in that article, but you should check out the Talladega checklist article on SBNation too. If only for this:

To wit: On lap 34, I listened to Jimmie Johnson casually note his water temperature.

JJ: "Water temp's at 250."

Crew chief: "You bored?"

JJ: [hurtling down the track at 202 mph in tight traffic in a car with no air conditioning] "Yup."

• Like 2

It might happen under this chase format, but it shouldn't.

Why shouldn't it? He's been doing really well the last couple years. He's had a string of bad luck this year with shifters and engine trouble but he's had some strong races.

• 2 weeks later...

They were just talking about Rivalries during the pre-show for Pocono tonight due to the competition between Kevin Harvick and Jimmy Johnson. They used Hogan/Savage as one of the comparisons which amused me quite a bit. Never been a huge fan of this race but Truex is good here so hopefully he finally catches that break.

I was going to post that earlier but didn't want to triple post. It's about damn time for him after leading the most laps in the last 4 races. I was worried Kevin was going to catch him at the end but he was able to hold him off. That last restart had me swearing at the tv so much.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. suggestions for a new thread title? :P

The "I bet they're going to turn left!" thread?

Shut it! Next week there are right turns too.

Erik Jones is starting to do some good work in Truck and Xfinity. Maybe starting to prove what Kyle saw in him.