Joined a private Fantasy NASCAR league. I'm in 1st place, with 302 pts. Second place has 288.

And I'm sick of hearing about Danica Patrick. Chase Elliott, the son of a frickin' legend, was the youngest driver to ever capture the pole for the Daytona 500. Yet the only thing a lot of the media talked about was her. She's an overrated combination of marketing and hype. And yes, she may be a role model for girls, but the only way she's ever winning a race is if all the cars in front of her and 2 or 3 of them behind her all crash on the last lap. I do believe there very well may be a kickass female driver more than capable of winning races. But it sure as hell is not her.

On 2/12/2016 at 10:20, Meacon said:

Jeff Gordon is retired. I don't have a horse in the race anymore. :( 

Man outside of the Broncos you just really go straight to rooting for the most hateable team don't you?

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Joined a private Fantasy NASCAR league. I'm in 1st place, with 302 pts. Second place has 288.

And I'm sick of hearing about Danica Patrick. Chase Elliott, the son of a frickin' legend, was the youngest driver to ever capture the pole for the Daytona 500. Yet the only thing a lot of the media talked about was her. She's an overrated combination of marketing and hype. And yes, she may be a role model for girls, but the only way she's ever winning a race is if all the cars in front of her and 2 or 3 of them behind her all crash on the last lap. I do believe there very well may be a kickass female driver more than capable of winning races. But it sure as hell is not her.

I don't know what channel you're watching, or what news sites you're on but I haven't heard a thing about her this year. Even when she wrecked at the end of this race, nobody really made that big a deal about it like they used to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maxx said:

Man outside of the Broncos you just really go straight to rooting for the most hateable team don't you?

See, I got the hate for Gordon when he was young and winning championships year in and year out, but is he really still viewed as hateable nowadays? I just assumed at some point he'd become the old guard and have everybody's respect like Earnhardt or Rusty Wallace ended up toward the end of their career.

54 minutes ago, Meacon said:

See, I got the hate for Gordon when he was young and winning championships year in and year out, but is he really still viewed as hateable nowadays? I just assumed at some point he'd become the old guard and have everybody's respect like Earnhardt or Rusty Wallace ended up toward the end of their career.

Gordon fell into the category of once hated, always hated. Sorry Meac, even Tony is more liked :P 

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I know there is one for iOS, but I'd love a real in-depth management game for NASCAR. I think having your own team to run would be pretty fun.

Why only iOS? Why not Android? :(

I really want this too, there's one underway, albeit very very slowly, over at GDS (not by Ryland, obviously), but the progress is so slow.

2 minutes ago, EddieG said:

Why only iOS? Why not Android? :(

I really want this too, there's one underway, albeit very very slowly, over at GDS (not by Ryland, obviously), but the progress is so slow.

From reading posts by the guy creating it, I don't have a lot of faith in it to be honest. Someone with the skill of Ryland with the knowledge of Nascar needs to do something. I'd love to play something like that.

This race today wasn't all that interesting but it was a nice finish. I was cheering for anyone but Jimmy to be honest but my girlfriend made a good point in that now that he's in the chase, we won't have to listen to the announcers talk about the fact that such a good team isn't in the Chase yet.

• Like 1