It's surprisingly easy to meet drivers when you go to the live events. One year at Dover, I was waiting to use one of the nice toilets (because I had to poop and like hell will I ever poo in a porta-potty) and Mark Martin walked out right before me.

I met Rusty Wallace and Kyle Petty one year, because they were riding around the outside of the track in a golf cart. My friend and I were throwing the football around and Rusty called my friend butterfingers when he dropped it.

I've not been to a race in a decade though, and this is the first year I've seen more than one race, so I likely wouldn't recognize the vast majority of them if they came up to me and slapped me. :P 

My brother was pretty bummed when he found out that his all-time favorite Mark Martin is a loony tunes neocon Donald Trump supporter.

1 hour ago, Forky said:

The closest finish in Sprint Series history today. The race itself wasn't that great but that finish was spectacular. Plus hey @Meacon the 24 car finished today :P 

Uhh no it was the same distance as Daytona, which is like the 10th closest.

He was doing well early but he didn't have the car to pull off the victory. Then I don't know what happened and he ended up one lap down which sucked. The only guy I really didn't want to win today actually wins. Just my luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Only glanced at most of this race since I was busy watching NXT Takeover: Dallas but from what I saw, it wasn't that great of a race. I'm okay if Kyle stops winning to be honest. He's in the chase and he's the defending champion so he can stop anytime. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those who only tune in semi-regular, this should be a race to watch today. Bristol is where tempers flare and we should see lots of "clanging and banging" by everyone on the track. Hopefully it won't be the Kyle Busch show since he hasn't done well at Bristol lately and hasn't won since 2011 at this track.

• Like 1