1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Kurt Busch was a turd last year and won it on the last lap, too.....

More serendipitousness. Monster sponsored car winning the first race sponsored by Monster? C'mon man..

57 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

If Almirola had dumped the #3 car on the final lap, FOX would've been wigging out.  But since the roles are reversed it's fine.

My mom laughed and said it was revenge for 1990.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Meacon said:

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/22496083/darrell-bubba-wallace-jr-emotional-runner-finish

I find it fucking hilarious that ESPN called Lewis Hamilton "African-American".

Kriss Akabusi once called a reporter out on this. Can't find the video anywhere though.

On 2/18/2018 at 19:43, Stick Stickly said:

I know that this can't be rigged but this shit is too Disney. The 3 was a shitbox all day and the race just falls in his lap.

It was Daytona. That's what happens. These guys win races like Daytona and Talladega and think they're King Shit of Turd Island but don't seem to realize that anyone can win those two races. It's honestly attrition at it's finest as wrecks usually take out most of the field.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I usually skip watching the road courses (watch Sonoma more than Watkins Glen, though), but I put it on after watching something else to see who was leading....and tuned in just in time to see Jimmy Johnson push Chase's car.

Glad he finally one won. Was a big fan of his father back in the day. (But I still call bs on Bill winning all those Most Popular Driver awards. It's known that his fan club was stuffing the ballot boxes.)

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I usually skip watching the road courses (watch Sonoma more than Watkins Glen, though), but I put it on after watching something else to see who was leading....and tuned in just in time to see Jimmy Johnson push Chase's car.

Glad he finally one won. Was a big fan of his father back in the day. (But I still call bs on Bill winning all those Most Popular Driver awards. It's known that his fan club was stuffing the ballot boxes.)

You just can't enjoy anything other than the Yankees can ya.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sick of what? Jimmy hasn't won since the spring of 2017. This was his first win in forever in a race that really didn't mean anything. Not to mention he basically had to wreck the leader just to do it. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy at all but he's a 7 time champ so he's always going to be in the spotlight until he retires.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sticks Sticksly said:

Yeah, you're right. He only obliterated seventy percent of the field.

Which is exactly what I said. That's why I'm saying, what are you sick of. This is the first time he's won in forever and it's not like he actually dominated. He fucked up and got a victory. I'd say it's good to be mad about but saying you're sick of it implies he's been doing this over and over which is not the case.

Daytona tomorrow afternoon! I'm definitely in the minority here that is pumped for it but damn it, I'm PUMPED! As much as I want Martin to win, I know he's not great at restrictor plate racing so I'll probably be cheering Chase Elliott. There have been a lot of changes in who drivers are currently driving for, and even the car designs have changed which makes things a bit more unpredictable.