FIFA 16

Dan

Best I got from my packs today was Rickie Lambert. What a joy to be alive!

Also, another gripe with the game, after playing a few games in pre-season on Career mode...

Injuries. Yes, they happen in real life. And I actually wouldn't mind if they happened more frequently due to fatigue/players being over-played, or in training, but the amount of them that STILL go down with shoulder/elbow injuries is shocking - had two dislocations in two games yesterday. They injure that part of the body more than their legs. I've turned the user customisation injury slider down to 30 in the hope that it makes a difference. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to do that this year though. <_<

Plus side! On Legendary it feels like less 'lucky' bounces go against you this time, and because the defending has been tightened up, it's rare that they just waltz their way through your defence before you can do anything about it. Very early on, but a good sign.

There's heaps of control settings, although I've made a habit of changing them all to at most semi-assisted every year. 

Assisted shooting is the worst, but manual shooting is near enough impossible. I've found that the aiming for shots is a lot different this year though, as by aiming as per FIFA 15, a lot of my shots were going straight at the keepers. 

Edited by Alexis Sanchez

Does it all work how you set it online too, or are you forced to manual for that?

You can play assisted online if you want. But any changes you make will take effect.

What even is draft mode?

Basically, you pick a team from scratch to take you through a last 16 style tournament. You get to choose a captain, then between 5 players in each position, the reserves and subs. You are usually offered some of the best players in the game, but it's up to you whether you try for the best side possible or look for chemistry instead. Also, it costs 15000 coins to enter beyond the first free token. Prizes are supposedly really good if you choose to play it online rather than off.

Prizes can vary massively. People have been getting 100k packs as rewards, but others only get at most 25k worth of packs from what I've seen.

You can get draft tokens in packs as well. It's not really a way to get money unless you're willing to play the transfer market with what you get as prizes.

So I've run into that age old FIFA problem; world class is too easy, legendary too hard.

At least legendary is playable this year, now that you can actually defend against the AI. Problem is, they are so hard to break down. Sooo many draws. I'm enjoying the challenge, at least.

Haven't tried online outside of clubs really. Started FUT, got no one good apart from Tevez on loan and Poch as manager - looking at building an Argie squad. What's the easiest way to make coins for someone new to it?