FIFA 16

Dan

We're al getting ripped off these days then, aren't we? I mean, we actually are. 50 quid is seemingly the going rate on the new consoles these days. I'm buying a PS4 soon and I think the only game I'll even have for the first few months is FIFA.

Are we though? How many hours of entertainment do you get from a game like FIFA in comparison to buying a 2 hour long movie on DVD/Blu-Ray or a hour long album on CD that you might watch/listen to 3 or 4 times at most?

You make a good point, I suppose if the game is good enough then I do still "get my money's worth" as it were. But I still think it is quite a lot of money for a game. Not too much for me to pay, as I will get it close to release day no doubt, but yeah. I'm not really griping, I just wish I didn't have to become accustomed to the higher price points that have occurred in the last couple of years.

But more importantly...what about pro clubs?!! 

It's definitely in as some people have received invitations for beta testing for that mode (as well as Career and UT). Any more than that is just speculation at the moment.

Yeah I don't really see having a handful of women's national teams thrown into the same engine being a reason to buy it.

From what I've seen of women's football, they should keep last year's keeper AI, it'd be spot on for them!

• Like 1

It's a good inclusion that I want to support on a game I was already considering, why does my justification for buying it matter to you? :huh:

I just didn't see how it really makes any difference to the game at all really, I don't really care about anybody's justification for buying products.  :huh: Just surprised that such a minimalistic addition of 12 teams would swing it. It'll be interesting to see how they do it. I know they'll be separate, so it could be a case of players like Marta handling the same way as Ronaldo or will there be a whole different engine and animations.

I pretty much have to get FIFA for social reasons at this point for when people come over, it's an expectation!

It's a good inclusion that I want to support on a game I was already considering, why does my justification for buying it matter to you? :huh:

I just didn't see how it really makes any difference to the game at all really, I don't really care about anybody's justification for buying products.  :huh: Just surprised that such a minimalistic addition of 12 teams would swing it. It'll be interesting to see how they do it. I know they'll be separate, so it could be a case of players like Marta handling the same way as Ronaldo or will there be a whole different engine and animations.

I pretty much have to get FIFA for social reasons at this point for when people come over, it's an expectation!

I know plenty of people that would buy the game if the NASL was included.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a video which has more on FUT Draft mode, plus a full game between Barca and Chelsea.

Draft looks ok, but immediately what stands out is that they picked players for the positions and ended up with a decent squad - then automatically selected subs, and had people like Otamendi, Lacazette and Ronaldo showing up there, better than their original "starting" choices. To me that just makes the process of selecting starters a bit pointless.

As for the gameplay, it looks fast, but if the defending ends up as good as they're bigging up in the stream, then that can only be a good thing.

EDIT: Seems it's not a new video but still hasn't been posted here, so meh.