Music Streaming Services

Benji

I haven't goofed around with Spotify much, but I did download it after reading this thread last week. It runs kind of sluggishly on Windows for me, but I also have an older PC that seems to be having frequent memory issues these days. I downloaded it on my phone and messed around with it, made a punk station or whatever you wanna call it, etc. I'll have to sit down and mess with it some more one day.

Man I love Spotify. When I was cooking I was easily able to switch between Prince,Steel Panther, The Darkness,Madonna, Victoria Justice, Rick Springfield and Fountains of Wayne and listen to the exact songs I wanted with a couple clicks. Pandora would have made that a pain in the ass.

Edited by Kirkland

So I figured out that Spotify on the PC let's you pick the song you want to listen to. That's pretty amazing, honestly if you didn't have a need for it as a mobile app it's almost a curiosity that people would pay for it. However, I am planning on paying for it mostly because I think it's a fantastic service and I feel like throwing 5-10 bucks a month at it is a small price to pay for basically giving me a replacement for my Ipod. There are gaps as metalman said, but nothing too crazy, given that I have found a lot of cool obscure stuff. I think my biggest complaint is the lack of Stiff Little Fingers Inflammable Material, Mr. Lif albums, and the T-Rex song 20th Century Boy.

So I paid for spotify, 4.99 a month because I am a student. It was stupid easy, "what is your name?" "what school do you go to" "ok, 4.99". Worth it though, nice picking my own songs. I have to mess with the playlist stuff a bit more but it's amazing that I've gone this long without realizing it existed, at the same time it's only been a year or so since my Ipod shit the bed.

I don't know if anybody will have any use for this...but you can get WWF as an artist and have access to basically all of the entrance music. They've got legends, NXT, attitude era, basically all of the WWF the Music albums as well as the newer stuff listed as singles. I thought it was cool, not sure I can picture myself cruising to work while jamming Jive Soul Bro, but I like that it's an option now.

• Like 3

Well I know what I'm listening to when I cook today.