Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Consoles)

ZJ Penn

This launches on consoles on June 9th. I don't expect there to be many, but anyone on here picking it up now they've dropped the subscription fee?

I pre-ordered mine today from GAME. Traded in Battlefield 4 and FIFA 15 towards it and got over £30, which combined with the £10 gift card I already had and the £5 pre-order fee, means I need to take in like £1.07 on the day. Had to settle for the GAME edition with bonus crowns when I really wanted the Imperial Edition but they were sold out. Hopefully the explorers pack will be in the store so I can upgrade as I think getting a horse for transport early on will be huge - not to mention the plus of being able to play any race in any faction.

I've been looking for a solid console MMO for a while. I thought FFXIV might be it, but that became way too hardcore very quickly. To the point that it was almost hostile for someone like me who's relatively new to the genre. I was a lot better at Destiny, but that was riddled with issues. People I know who've had the PC version of this have said it's really come on since the initial launch and a large amount of the game can be played solo, which will be neat. I also like the idea of being able to learn bits of everything and not sticking to those tired Tank/DPS/Healer cliche roles.

So yeah, anyone likely to pick this up? I'll probably have to join a guild at some point, but might be cool to get a few of us together too to play some of the content that requires 4+ players.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you can get the core game for £40/50 an that's it.

There are a ton of add ons you can look at though. There's a £9.99 monthly sub you can pay that adds 10% to all gold and exp earned and reduces all crafting times by the same. It also gives you access to future DLC for free. Oh and 1500 crowns (in game currency) every month.

Or you can buy crowns in the PSN store. The ESO store has little things like mounts, costumes, boosts, and will probably be expanded.

Or (I think) you can get packs that give you little things, free horse etc.

I doubt I'll use that much but I suppose it's cool that you can pick and choose what you want and none of its going to give you an impossible edge over those that just buy the disc. I'll probably dip in and out of the sub to try and keep some sort of pace with friends who are either students or unemployed and got started at the midnight launch :/

I have considered getting this, but I don't think I can justify the price.

I am terrible at resisting the urge to play new mmos - I recently picked up Wildstar for £12 and it's seriously good, and going free to play in the fall. I can already play The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 whenever I want. I'm not sure that this will offer anything that I can't already do in those, without paying £50+.

I hope it's good though, I'll probably pick it up further down the line when it becomes apparent whether it will maintain a decent population or not.

Yeah I love 100%ing games but that that Emperor achievement I already made peace with that I will never get that one. Still, got mine installed and good to go. Waiting for a friend to be ready with his so we start off in the same faction!

Anyone else on the One playing this? Might be fun to start a EWB Guild.

Yeah I love 100%ing games but that that Emperor achievement I already made peace with that I will never get that one.

Not with that defeatist attitude you won't.

Reading about that achievement, it basically sounds like 'become that guy from the WoW South Park episode'.

• Like 4

I haven't had any connection issues but a bit of lag in built up cities.

Decided to go high elf nightblade dual wielding as it most closely resembled what I gravitated towards in Skyrim and will help with the solo content, aldemeri dominion too as apparently it has the best story. Saying that, I can't help but level up everything. I'm probably going to arse around with a restoration staff later tonight.