Sign in to follow this  
ZJ Penn

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Consoles)

This launches on consoles on June 9th. I don't expect there to be many, but anyone on here picking it up now they've dropped the subscription fee?

I pre-ordered mine today from GAME. Traded in Battlefield 4 and FIFA 15 towards it and got over £30, which combined with the £10 gift card I already had and the £5 pre-order fee, means I need to take in like £1.07 on the day. Had to settle for the GAME edition with bonus crowns when I really wanted the Imperial Edition but they were sold out. Hopefully the explorers pack will be in the store so I can upgrade as I think getting a horse for transport early on will be huge - not to mention the plus of being able to play any race in any faction.

I've been looking for a solid console MMO for a while. I thought FFXIV might be it, but that became way too hardcore very quickly. To the point that it was almost hostile for someone like me who's relatively new to the genre. I was a lot better at Destiny, but that was riddled with issues. People I know who've had the PC version of this have said it's really come on since the initial launch and a large amount of the game can be played solo, which will be neat. I also like the idea of being able to learn bits of everything and not sticking to those tired Tank/DPS/Healer cliche roles.

So yeah, anyone likely to pick this up? I'll probably have to join a guild at some point, but might be cool to get a few of us together too to play some of the content that requires 4+ players.

I'll have it the day it comes out on PS4, it'll be my first attempt at an MMO (I don't count destiny really)

Yeah Destiny's a bit tenuous but given the few MMO's out there on console I put it in.

Are you pre ordering or just picking up a release day copy? Curious to see if anyone has the Imperial Edition.

I'll probably get it. I've played every PC MMO going, I'm sure I'll give this one a shot.

The idea of a console MMO has always interested me but, in my opinion, FFXIV is way more suited to the PC.

This one seems like it may be a bit better for consoles.

No sub fee? So it's just pay for the game and you're done? I might be up for it in that case.

• Like 1

Yeah you can get the core game for £40/50 an that's it.

There are a ton of add ons you can look at though. There's a £9.99 monthly sub you can pay that adds 10% to all gold and exp earned and reduces all crafting times by the same. It also gives you access to future DLC for free. Oh and 1500 crowns (in game currency) every month.

Or you can buy crowns in the PSN store. The ESO store has little things like mounts, costumes, boosts, and will probably be expanded.

Or (I think) you can get packs that give you little things, free horse etc.

I doubt I'll use that much but I suppose it's cool that you can pick and choose what you want and none of its going to give you an impossible edge over those that just buy the disc. I'll probably dip in and out of the sub to try and keep some sort of pace with friends who are either students or unemployed and got started at the midnight launch :/

Did anyonesee that Emperor! trophy/achievement? That one's almost impossible. "Dominate the Alliance War battlefield and become Emperor of Tamriel. Long may you reign!"

I have considered getting this, but I don't think I can justify the price.

I am terrible at resisting the urge to play new mmos - I recently picked up Wildstar for £12 and it's seriously good, and going free to play in the fall. I can already play The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 whenever I want. I'm not sure that this will offer anything that I can't already do in those, without paying £50+.

I hope it's good though, I'll probably pick it up further down the line when it becomes apparent whether it will maintain a decent population or not.

Yeah I'm not too fussed on achievements but the trophy fanatics are pretty pissed at it because "some of us care about our 100%'s".

I don't know if a developer can retroactively chamge trophies?

That seems like it'd be a nice addition if it was a viral trophy, IE: you win it by beating someone who already has it in PVP. If it's just "one player has it at a time, but previous holders get a lesser boost" then that's naff.

I'm still on the fence about this, but lord knows I'll end up picking it up sooner or later. Not all that happy about that 16GB update though, that means I won't be playing tonight if I get it most likely.

It hasn't turned out that bad for me. Started at 10am and is about 10gb in. Should be done around 2 which is half the time it told me originally (8 hours) >_>

Yeah I love 100%ing games but that that Emperor achievement I already made peace with that I will never get that one. Still, got mine installed and good to go. Waiting for a friend to be ready with his so we start off in the same faction!

Anyone else on the One playing this? Might be fun to start a EWB Guild.

If I get it, I'll be on the One. Hearing issues about connectivity this morning though... depending on what it sounds like by the time I leave work I may be picking it up this evening.

• Like 1

Yeah I love 100%ing games but that that Emperor achievement I already made peace with that I will never get that one.

Not with that defeatist attitude you won't.

Reading about that achievement, it basically sounds like 'become that guy from the WoW South Park episode'.

• Like 4

I haven't had any connection issues but a bit of lag in built up cities.

Decided to go high elf nightblade dual wielding as it most closely resembled what I gravitated towards in Skyrim and will help with the solo content, aldemeri dominion too as apparently it has the best story. Saying that, I can't help but level up everything. I'm probably going to arse around with a restoration staff later tonight.

I didn't know they dropped the subscription fee. Might have to try it myself eventually. Probably on PC though.

I was just coming in to ask what you ended up joining, aha.

But yeah I bought it, installing now. We'll see what happens.

Also used some kind of contract with a friend now if we're in a group and both equip the same ring we have a 10% exp bonus. And somehow I ended up with the Imperial edition so I had 1 extra race and I can use every class/race with every faction.

I got the Explorer pack edition so I have..

- Play any race in any Alliance

- Bonus treasure map

- Scuttler vanity pet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By King Ellis
      The N7 Dragons - Xbox One Pro Club

Full name: N7 Dragons
      Nickname(s): The Dragons, Nerf's worst nightmare, The Scourge of the official FIFA threads
      Founded: 2011
      Ground: The Dragons Lair
      Capacity : 60,000
      Owner: Gary 'Gazz' Priest
      Co-chairmen: Dan and Summers
      Manager: Larz
      League:

History

Founded in 2011 by on Gary 'Gazz' Priest as a sideline to his career as a world renown MMA champion and ladies man, the club would spend it's first year playing scouring the globe for talent, only to have to settle on a bunch of no hopers they found on an internet message board. Following a series of high profile friendlies and tournaments, the team was invited to join the burgeoning EA Sports Football League. Despite some early frustration and time spent yo-yoing between the lower leagues, the club would eventually rise to the top and claim the Division 1 title.

Unfortunately, a Dream Team esque series of cataclysmic events sent the team into a downward spiral. After the mysterious disappearance of their talisman 'Strawberry' Jamzy, the club was shockingly demoted back to Division 10 of the EASFL due to financial irregularities. Chairman Priest pointed fingers at long suspected mole 'Rafa' though charges were never brought, despite a since deleted Tweet from the man himself on a Brazilian beach, laying atop a pile of money, flanked by many thong wearing beauties and sipping a cocktail from the Division 1 trophy. It is thought he has fled back to his Brazilian home, bribing government officials in order to keep him from extradition back to the UK.

Now the rag tag group of footballers (and Kaney) known as the N7 Dragons once more need to climb to the summit of the EASFL and reclaim their championship!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When?

Sessions usually start anywhere from 8-10pm and can last 2-4 hours. Check the thread on a daily basis to see who's planning on playing that night.

Plans are potentially under way, at least early on, for some playtime during the day to accommodate the glorious Kaney.

How to join:

Send a join request to LarZieJ in game to join! Alternatively, use your EA login details on the aforementioned website and send a join request that way.

Trophy Room:
      FIFA 16:
      Division 10, 9, 8, 1 (x2)
      Cups: EA Shield, EA Cup, Continental Cup (All x1)
      FIFA 15:
      Division 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2
      Promoted 5
      FIFA 14:
      Division 1 title x 2
      Numerous cups
      FIFA 13:
      Division 1 title x 2
      Numerous cups
      Records:
      FIFA 14 - As of 9/10/13
      Goals: 28 - Jimmy
      Assists: 19 - Ellis
      (Individual season)
      Goals: 280 - Dan (13)
      Assists: 149 - Ellis (13)
      Open net misses: 15 - Hughes (13)
      Offsides: All of 'em - Split Second (12)
      (Combined - 12/13/14)

Squad for

Profiles (Italics denotes inactive player):

Board name - Player name - Preferred position - Player bio
      Stats (As of 26/9/13):

Final stats for FIFA 13:

Looking for the FIFA 15 thread?

Perhaps you're a little lost. This is where we discuss our club on the FIFA series for Xbox One. For general gameplay discussion, please feel free to click the links below so you can share your success in the Bundesliga playoffs (which may or may not exist). Alternatively, if your next gen console of choice is the PS4, why not try out of our sister club, EWB FC?

• By Vendetta
      Not seen a threat anywhere anybody down?
    • By Toe
      I didn't see a topic for this so....

I used to buy the EA NHL games on the day of release every year - until I played last years game on the PS4. Something about it just wasn't appealing - especially in the menus when trying to play my favourite mode, Be A GM. 

I heard this year's version is better, so I picked it up a few days ago. And it is better - the menus are more responsive and less of a pain in the ass to navigate. The actual game play is pretty fun too. Very smooth. I feel like I can score in a ton of different ways. Sniping it off the rush, deking around the goaltender, one timers, point shots. It's not a frustrating experience like last year - it's just fun.

The real reason for starting this thread is...I want to talk about my GM mode as the Leafs. I attempted to tank hard - the Jets took Bernier for a first, and I was able to unload a ton of guys and wound up with 4 first round picks and 4 second round picks, plus a bunch more later on. The team was pretty thin beyond, especially in goal with only Reimer and Garrett Sparks. I thought I had orchestrated the perfect tank job.

The hockey gods laughed at this thought.

Instead, despite not having a player score more then 21 goals or more then 60 points on the roster, the 2015/16 Toronto Maple Leafs would go on to win the division and only fall out of the playoff in the second round. The teams who had traded their picks away to the Leafs also finished strong - so despite having four picks in the first round, the earliest pick I had was 15th overall. I was not pleased.

When it was time for the draft, I knew that I needed to add an impact player. Edmonton was 1st overall (again?!), but willing to deal. I was able to package two picks in the first round plus a prospect to get the top pick - and with that, drafted Auston Matthews. My remaining picks were late in the first round, so I packaged them to move up to tenth, where I picked up Jake Bean. 

The other big move came in free agency. I was unsure about committing to Reimer as my top goaltender, so I looked to see if anything was available on the block. Low and behold, the Ducks were willing to move 22 year old John Gibson - a goaltender with the potential to become elite. I sent them Kasperi Kapanen and a 2nd round pick in 2018, and then signed Anders Lindback to have a solid back up. 

Going into year two, I've made some significant changes to the team, and some of the players have really grown. Already, Auston Matthews is 87 overall with the potential to be a franchise player. Gibson jumped from 86 overall at the time of the trade, to 89 overall in the preseason. Morgan Reilly and Jake Gardiner are both far and away the best defenders on the team, while Dion and Scott Harrington (from the Kessel deal) are a very good second pairing. And Nazem Kadri is 89 overall and should have a fantastic season paired with JVR.
    • By TheVuxic
      Type - A logotype. Text - Virtual Insanity. Font - I'm not sure on what font specifically, something futuristic looking   Images - . Colors - I'd like blue as a primary colour followed by a silver or something neutral based, I'd like the colour of the blue to be similar to the image listed above.. Size - Anything up to 1024 x 512". Sidenotes - Transparent Background if possible. If this could be done by the end of 2015, I'd be internally grateful.