Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Consoles)

ZJ Penn

Oh and when you get to level 15 you get to hotkey switch between two weapons, and also assign 5 seperate skills to each. Your armour is the same for both, but it allows for Instant switch from DPS to tank or destruction magic to healer.

You get different bonuses for what you're wearing, light armour is magic based and heavy is stamina based. The boost is amplified based on how much you wear of each. I try and wear a mixture of light for the boosts and heavy for the protection, with a couple of medium so you level that skill line up too.

You can switch to pretty much any style as long as you're willing to put the time in amd level everything up and seek out enough skill points. That should get you through most solo content and basic group stuff but obviously a dedicated sorcerer with traits and equipment to match is going to outperform a jack of all trades one in PVP and higher level dungeons.

Heavy is stamina based? I would have never assumed.. guess I'll put my archer in medium or heavy then.

Got my first blue item today. Unfortunately its a sword so I won't be using it, but still pretty cool considering it was a loot chest drop on the world map.

Actually I've foraged some purple epic runes too but can't do anything with them for a while.

You know what, I don't think it's as cut and dry as that - because I have a light piece of armor (Sugar Jacket) that does stamina AND a medium (Hazaj's Hauberk) that does the same.

Oh those are individual to each piece of armour/weapon. In theory you could research every trait and be able to put any of those bonuses on any crafted armour.

I'm referring to the skill lines you level up by wearing each armour type. For example, I think one of the light armour skills adds 2% to total magicka, with a further 2% boost for every extra piece of light armour worn (to a maximum of 5 pieces). Same for medium and stamina. Otherwise there would be no reason not to wear all heavy.

Been reading bits and pieces today and I've seen reference to "Stamina builds". I'm presuming stamina builds are for mele/physical dps (two handers and the like?), with Magicka builds for mages and Health for tanks?

Is that right? I get that you could be any sort of hybrid you choose, but is that the general idea?

Yeah although apprently you can convert magic usage to stamina usage and vice versa for some skills, although I'm not that far.

My build is 75% magic, 25% health and nothing in stamina. I've seen a couple of builds that are 100% in one thing only. Which makes sense as I think the power of some abilities is tied to your magic/stamina stat.

Aha, thought I was getting the hang of the game, starting to understand how everything works - then I went into PvP!

I have no idea what's happening but it's great. This whole game is fantastic so far. My only (very) minor gripe is how often I have to keep going back to Daggerfall to sort out my lack of bag space!

If you have a mount you can buy 1 extra inventory slot every 24 hours for 250 gold a time. Or you can continually expand your bank allowance - however the gold it costs increases every time. Or you can buy 10 bag slots from the Crown store for 1, 000 crowns. I prefer to expand the bank and dump all my crafting materials in there as they get pulled to the crafting table automatically.

PVP is a mystery to me at the minute too. I went in and it was a ghost town. Think you'll need a guild to get anything out of it.

If you have a mount you can buy 1 extra inventory slot every 24 hours for 250 gold a time. Or you can continually expand your bank allowance - however the gold it costs increases every time. Or you can buy 10 bag slots from the Crown store for 1, 000 crowns. I prefer to expand the bank and dump all my crafting materials in there as they get pulled to the crafting table automatically.

PVP is a mystery to me at the minute too. I went in and it was a ghost town. Think you'll need a guild to get anything out of it.

I just spent 45 minutes sieging a Dominion fort with around 30 other people. Made it into the inner keep, but before we could capture it the Pact arrived and it became a giant 3 way battle. I had absolutely no idea what was happening, but it was brilliant. Great fun, will be even better when I'm a higher level and I can actually contribute some damage.

And Summ, yeah it's great. You don't have to have played MMOs to get into it I don't think. I've played every MMO there is and I suck at this. You'll be far better off if you've played previous Elder Scrolls games. That said, it is an MMO, so it is very, very grindy. I've played a ton the last few days and I'm only level 10.

I just spent 45 minutes sieging a Dominion fort with around 30 other people. Made it into the inner keep, but before we could capture it the Pact arrived and it became a giant 3 way battle. I had absolutely no idea what was happening, but it was brilliant. Great fun, will be even better when I'm a higher level and I can actually contribute some damage.

I think it's because I went in like a day after launch and not as many people had unlocked pvp at that point.

Plus it seems not as many PC players have come over as anticipated.

I just picked up an XB1 and this. A bunch of guys I work with play it there and, no offense to my fellow PS4 EWBers, none of you are usually around when I'm on to play. My GT is Lintball6

• Like 1