Ruki

With only E3 game footage, we have only seen four options per conversation and each of them fits that pattern.

Sure, there might be more to the system then has been revealed. And maybe a magic sky fairy will fly over California and piss it's resevoirs full of drinkable magic sky fairy urine.

I am not optomistic, given evidence and past history.

A lack of agrarian cultivation?

That's your big pisser regarding modern Fallout games?

regarding the setting. It is a pretty big deal that the main quest is "get us water" when you look around and their answer to other survival related questions is "I dunno lol".

the other issues with the cohesion of the world is each town has five people (which is due to engine limitations) and the fact that each town has a silly theme (this is the kid town, this is the vampire town, this is the town on a boat) (and that iz a side effect of bad writing).

Apsham: because only to him can something walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and generally otherwise act like a duck and yet YOU NEVER KNOW it might be a horse!!!

Honestly, you are one of the most frustrating people to argue with. Evidence, patterns mean nothing. And if everything turns up the way it always was going to, you just shrug and say "meh, it is not a big deal to me".

I'm hoping Bethesda picked up some things from New Vegas. Those are mostly complaints about Fallout 3, and the thing where you're alive pre war and come out 200 years later could be the start of a story that explains the cultural stagnation.

As for dialogue wheels, if you're right and the shoulder buttons aren't implemented and its just positive, negative, neutral, question, I'll be pissed. I hope you're not right. Even Mass Effect wheels had six options.

I'd like to think there are more options but we have seen no evidence of it yet, which worries me.

Apsham: because only to him can something walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and generally otherwise act like a duck and yet YOU NEVER KNOW it might be a horse!!!

Honestly, you are one of the most frustrating people to argue with. Evidence, patterns mean nothing. And if everything turns up the way it always was going to, you just shrug and say "meh, it is not a big deal to me".

What kind of fucking evidence? Your insistence to be an absolute prick about this in a "oh, that's so Sean" type way is infuriating. Five bits of conversation ran over by people who are INTENT on hating the game stands for about as much as making smarmy allegations when alternatives are brought up when the system is used in other games.

Not to mention the thread that you ripped that from on Reddit containing the exact same kinds of things that I'm saying here.

Edited by Apsham

You know they released video of the game being played, yes? Like where you could see the dialogue wheel and everything. It was at this small little conference thing called E3. Easy to miss, but these is this cool site called Youtube where you can search for videos. It is cool. Go to www.youtube.com and then put Fallout 4 in the search bar.

I called on the magic sky fairy to lend a hand here.

What kind of fucking evidence? Your insistence to be an absolute prick about this in a "oh, that's so Sean" type way is infuriating. Five bits of conversation ran over by people who are INTENT on hating the game stands for about as much as making smarmy allegations when alternatives are brought up when the system is used in other games.

Not to mention the thread that you ripped that from on Reddit containing the exact same kinds of things that I'm saying here.

So instead of using the five bits of conversation as evidence of a pattern, you prefer to pluck imaginings of a robust dialogue system directly from the vault system tucked behind your pucker?

I admit, we have only seen five bits of conversation that has four dialogue options locked to four buttons on an XBox controller. This is not exactly an iron clad, sure thing.

But you are basing your position "there could be SO MUCH MORE" on absolutely nothing tangible whatsoever. Reals not feels, man. You can't just say "I BELIEVE" .

• Like 1

On a more interesting note - Fallout Shelter.

Has anyone else had the chance to see it in action or play it? I mentioned earlier I was watching a friend at work play it - and while it ran a little bit janky at times it looked REALLY interesting and with the news coming out that it's coming to Android in "a few months" I think I may have found my new time waster.

Pete said on Twitter a few days ago the Android version is "about two months away".

I can definitely imagine sitting in the hotel room at KOT and each of us measuring how big our Vaults are.

On a more interesting note - Fallout Shelter.

Has anyone else had the chance to see it in action or play it? I mentioned earlier I was watching a friend at work play it - and while it ran a little bit janky at times it looked REALLY interesting and with the news coming out that it's coming to Android in "a few months" I think I may have found my new time waster.

I got it on iPad, it's pretty fun. I can't see myself putting more than maybe 2 hours into it but I did like it.