Ruki

I do like that I came prepared just because one of Diamond City security telling me there is 'a huge monster in Swan's Lake' made me expect another Mirelurk Queen.

• Like 1

Oh good, I can't complete the Taking Independence/Castle mission

Spoiler

Preston Garvey just doesn't move :( Tells me to clear the courtyard, which I've done, killed every mirelurk and gone about destroying every egg and then just nothing happens and Garvey won't move, just stays at the little diner.

Edit: Managed to do it.

Had to sleep in a bed for 24 hours and then finally the Mirelurk Queen bit kicked in to life. Shithoused her xsmug Just kept taking shots at her from inside the lower walls where she can't get in to. Then the quest glitched again and I had to sleep another 24 hours for Garvey to move in to the middle of the courtyard. Now I've completed the mission but it came up saying "Started: Taking Independence" again telling me to clear egg clutches. Classic.

Apparently adhesive is one of the harder resources to find, and its needed for most weapon/armor upgrades.  Its possible to farm it

1.  Get the Science 1 perk.  It, along with at least the mid level water purifier, will give you 9 or 10 purified waters in your workbench.

2.  Plant at least 3 of each mutfruit, corn and tato. 

3.  Harvest the food

4.  Go to the food bench and, using the water and food, make vegetable starch

5.  The vegetable starch can be stored on your workbench.  1 starch will make 5 adhesives

2 hours ago, Lint said:

Apparently adhesive is one of the harder resources to find, and its needed for most weapon/armor upgrades.  Its possible to farm it

Hidden Content

Alternatively, just pick up every piece of duct tape and wonderglue you find whenever you find it. You can even tag it when crafting so it shows a magnifying glass to indicate it has it whenever you look at an item. Very useful.

• Like 1

Minor spoilers and tags dont work in mobile but

Nick is the best follower. I mean, Dogmeat is more useful and iconic to the series and all, but.. Nick is a wisecracking robot noir detective.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

Having not played New Vegas, I'm not sure if it was done away with in that, but I'm really glad the concept of karma from Fallout 3 died a death. I don't think I've seen a single game that did that concept well. Think once I've platinumed this I'll go back and play FO3 some more and then get finally New Vegas.

I'm glad they got rid of karma but at the same time it's like I don't feel as much as a bastard when I do something bad on this compared to the old games. Took some time getting used to that and not repairing things. 

• Like 2

Oh! I found him, I forgot. Try looking in the exact centre of Sanctuary. There's two dog houses in the place - a blue one in the backyard of the circular end (the one Gazz mentioned), and a red one that's in the back yard of one of the first houses on the right when you walk over the bridge.

My current companion is Curie, I am a fan of her.

She is now in her synth body.

Gonna raise the friendship level to max to see if there is another mission. Then likely switch to Nick, Strong, Piper or the girl from the combat zone.