Ruki

hi guys, I'm mostly just playing in bits and pieces when I get free time. I'm only like level 11 and inept enough that every encounter is pretty much a thing I have to really think about whether I want to go through with it or not, which is fun. One of my favorite encounters thusfar is probably the one where you get the mutated fern flower for the chems dealer in Diamond City.

Spoiler

I got the flower and was immediately set upon by a wave of ghouls. No big deal, Piper and I had positioning and most of them were just regular old Feral Ghouls. Five dead ghouls later, I'm like "alright, time to fast travel back to Diamond City. Let's go!"

nope. "You can't fast travel when there are enemies nearby." Okay. One Stalker and two more regular ones later, I try again. Gotta be it, right?

"You can't fast travel when there are enemies nearby." Ah. I see. Here comes a Roamer and a Stalker and another mook or two. Right. That's a little more work but I'm pretty sure I can keep my cool and not get knocked off this rooftop. That turns out to be true. Let's go home.

"You can't fast travel when there are enemies nearby." FOR FUCK'S SAKE, FALLOUT :( 

I think after that next wave I got to bail, but it genuinely felt more like a Walking Dead zombie attack scenario than any actual zombie game I've played.

Warning of a game breaking bug, Several users attempting a settlement quest which requires you to head to Mosignor Plaza have reported that the game crashes straight to the desktop, without an error message.

Hopefully this is not a spoiler, I don't have the game just giving a heads up.

Bethesda forum thread with details

Edited by TheWho87

So in Diamond City;

I walked into a bar into an argument between the Cooke's and the bartender. So later I went back with the angry husband, Paul I want to say, and ended up killing the bartender. Nobody seemed to know, so we sneaked out and went to ambush a chems deal involving a rich blokes son. So I proceed to kill him and the people he was dealing with and then for the fun of it I execute Mr. Cooke, as he wants loads of caps. 

I go back to Diamond City and proceed to kill the kid who was dealings father, this then leads to the baseball guy jumping into his house and attacking me, so I kill him.

Oops.

When will it be safe to return? As security hate me surprisingly. I'm also guessing those characters won't return anytime soon...?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Decided to give all/most of my guns needlessly moody and lairy names.

My character is named after Revy from Black Lagoon, so my pistols are called (caliber) Sword Cutlass, and keeping with the pirate naming theme my backup weapon, a short-stock rifle, is the Jolly Roger.

My next build will likely be more accurate to the back story though. Playing as a snarky nihilist in my first run was kind of my intention in this iteration. Usually I just play a typical heroic protagonist type.

I rename mine to include the ammo so I can directly compare similar weapons.

I do have a .38 bayonetted automatic pipe rifle called 'Stabby' though...

That's what I did with a certain main story character's gun. 44 ammo is a pain to get though so I end up defaulting to the 10mm pistol and using the 44 for things that are especially dangerous like yao guai

Enjoying this so much that I've more on one occasion forgotten to eat... or sleep... I may have a problem.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

I rename mine to include the ammo so I can directly compare similar weapons.

I do have a .38 bayonetted automatic pipe rifle called 'Stabby' though...

I'm not going to go through all my named weapons (As much as I'd like to)

But I will say I have a seriously OP Combat Shotgun with a bayonet called STABS-12 and a Combat knife named "Roberto"

I'm glad the settlement building stuff is opional because I cannot build a simple wall to save my life let alone any of the other fancy stuff on the web.