Ruki

On 12/16/2015 at 20:49, ADG said:

Finished the main quest today.

Hidden Content

Spoiler

That is exactly why I'm avoiding the main quest line as much as I can and spent most exploring the wasteland and doing side quests. As the fucking director of the institute it should be possible for me to at least get the Railroad and the Institute to work things out (I don't care much about the BoS so I have now problem blowing them to pieces if I have to). The game gives me no good reason why that wouldn't work. And yet the only option I have is to pick one faction and obliterate the other two. If it isn't possible to talk some sense into these bullheads at least give me a Wild Card option like New Vegas had so I can rule the Commonwealth by myself. 

And that is not the only time this happens. Same with Covenant. I really wish that there was an option to get them to stop to do their experiments without the whole settlement becoming hostile when you go near them afterward.

Edited by Hellraiser

I've finished* my Sanctuary at last! 

http://imgur.com/a/tWcSm

*I haven't really done much to the interiors other than beds/tables/storage, I've been focused on the infrastructure. I haven't bothered much with lights either.

• Like 1

How do you manage to build all this stuff? Whenever I'm trying to build anthing it looks like shit because half of it is floating in the air due to the ground not being level. I can't even build a goddamn fence around my crops! And since you only can host a maximum of 20 people I don't really see the point.

All I did was put up some of these pre-build wooden shacks and beds, water and power suply, some torrets and a couple guard posts, some food and one large room without a door where I keep all of my stuff and Power Armor. That is pretty much it. And for some reason Sanctuary has never been attacked yet. Is that supposed to not happen?

Edited by Hellraiser

It is really easy to skip settlements. If you build enough beds for everyone, as well have enough food and water, and defense higher than both food and water combined you'll not be attacked.

Avoid floating in the air with foundations and build shit around it so you can't see!

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:

How do you manage to build all this stuff? Whenever I'm trying to build anthing it looks like shit because half of it is floating in the air due to the ground not being level. I can't even build a goddamn fence around my crops! And since you only can host a maximum of 20 people I don't really see the point.

All I did was put up some of these pre-build wooden shacks and beds, water and power suply, some torrets and a couple guard posts, some food and one large room without a door where I keep all of my stuff and Power Armor. That is pretty much it. And for some reason Sanctuary has never been attacked yet. Is that supposed to not happen?

Use foundations. I am serious - they are amazing for everything. They can sink INTO the ground to create a level building surface.. just be creative as well with the way that things snap. Sometimes you have to temporarily move things and it's a pain.. but you can make some awesome stuff. Look into the advanced building controls as well - when it comes to manually moving things up and down, etc.

The in-menu manual has a section on stuff like that.

Spoiler

I just read on one of the terminals in the BoS airship about the Capitol Wasteland chapter of the BoS led by Elder Lyons. Makes me sad that after all I went through to help establish the moderate version of the BoS in the Citadel they fell in the hands of that stupid kid with the "Guns and Bullets" magazine under his bed. Can't wait to blow them up.

47 minutes ago, Funny name or something... said:

I met the guy who took my son. He said we should talk instead I blew him up with a nuclear bomb. It seemed like a fair response 

I did the same except I spoke to him first. All you missed is some dialogue about the Institute and "you know how this has to end". Yup, my nuke meeting the ceiling, killing you and all your synth buddies.