Ruki

So, if I started to turn my newest play through into an LP would anyone check it out? I'd be starting after the tutorial levels (including the building tutorial), but exploration had been limited to those beginning areas.

I'm going to take my time in the play through as now I've seen all the faction story quests and now want to explore all the things.

So I got this for my Birthday on Monday and it was well worth the wait. I love the new conversation system as well as the fact it goes all cut scene when you're having a chat. I have to find everything on the radar, so I've discovered a lot of things.

Hardest fight so far was getting jumped by two Yao Guai at a cabin, luckily I still had a mini gun full of ammo which sorted them right out. 

I'm just wearing the drifter outfit and whichever hat looks like a cowboy hat. Also in an attempt to make middle-aged me, I accidently made bearded and slightly fat Ryan Reynolds by accident. Or if you wanna go older, I made slightly fat Keanu Reaves. 

Anyway, wanted to ask (and didn't wanna risk spoilers) in regards to settlements, is there any negative consequences to not maintaining all of them? Seems like a lot of effort. I mean I'll probably wanna go nuts and make one awesome to be my 'home base' of sorts (I'm thinking Starlight Drive In).  

8 minutes ago, Funny name or something... said:

I am stuck I guess. I chose the railroad and I was doing the first thing where High Rise is leading me back to his house or whatever. So he gets injured and is just sitting there on his butt and wont get up no matter how long I wait

I had Piper fall off of Trinity Tower and she was stuck like that. I just fast traveled and it cleared it up.

Haven't tried it to confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can actually be in all four factions at once up until certain parts in the storylines.

All you need to do is

Spoiler

Do the Molecular Level as the Railroad. Not sure if you should visit the Prydwyn after it or not, but up until Mass Fusion to theoretically should be able to join them.

The only way the Minutemen will kick you out it seems is if you go and kill settlers or something.

Each faction gets to do some badass stuff. For Minutemen...

Spoiler

If you piss off the BOS, you end up wiping them out with CANNONS.

For Railroad

Spoiler

You can infiltrate the Prydwyn to blow it up and possibly fight Elder Maxson to get his outfit

For BOS

Spoiler

LIBERTY FUCKING PRIME

And finally Institute

Spoiler

You can HACK LIBERTY PRIME to blow up the Prydwyn (and as a side effect take out Prime himself)

Edited by OctoberRavenO

9 hours ago, Funny name or something... said:

I am stuck I guess. I chose the railroad and I was doing the first thing where High Rise is leading me back to his house or whatever. So he gets injured and is just sitting there on his butt and wont get up no matter how long I wait

I had that happen to Cait. I kept walking and she appeared further along still sitting down, then I kept walking some more and she appeared again but this time she was back to being all "there's nothing better than a smokin' gun and a pocketful of caps, am I right?"

On 30/12/2015 at 02:33, Funny name or something... said:

How hard is melee? I would love to play without guns on a new play through

Playing a dumb and ridiculously lucky brute is one of the most fun ways to play, even if just for how often your idiocy gets you out of situations.

• Like 2

Aww I just found some lovely little protections who helped me kill an alpha deathclaw. Lovely guys :). This was after finding the gardening Mr Gatsys, it's the little things like this that mean I never seem to touch the main story!

So I finally got round to starting this and have just rescued those guy in Concord after getting the power armour..

I'm currently accompanying them back to Sanctuary, I assume I have to drag my slow ass out-of-power armour back there? It won't just magically appear in my workshop?

Also, does the game offer any tutorial for the building stuff? I spent some time scrapping a load of stuff in Sanctuary for parts, but haven't had any explanation of what it's all for.

25 minutes ago, Avenged said:

Where else can you get power armour? I lost my first one you get in Concord? 

There's a whole bunch of them dotted around the map. Second set I found was at:

Satellite Array Olivia at the top of one of the dishes after I'd cleared out all the Super Mutants.

Pro tip, if you exit power armor take the fusion core with you. That stops people from stealing it.

That said, the last power armor you entered should show on the map.