X Com 2

I did end up restarting........twice.

Either this game hates me, I suck at it, or I'm jsut getting some bad rolls. My funds are always too low, my best soldiers are always getting injured or killed, not enough scientists/engineers.

I think I may take a few days off of this game and play some Fire Emblem when I go get it. And possibly restart on easy.

I started playing X Com last month, and I restarted the game 4 times before I really felt comfortable. I assume 2 is just the same as 1... by restart 5, you are super good at the game and get how to play it. 

The game series is just super difficult. I'm waiting for a price drop before I dive into X Com 2.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robsturgh said:

Just completed my first run. The destructible environments are excellent, and later on just fucking lobbing explosives everywhere creates a spectacle where just everything is fucking trashed and it looks amazing.

I think that's my favorite thing. Throwing a grenade to blow up someones cover and then just shredding them. 

On 19-2-2016 at 23:14, Robsturgh said:

Just completed my first run. The destructible environments are excellent, and later on just fucking lobbing explosives everywhere creates a spectacle where just everything is fucking trashed and it looks amazing.

Grenadiers are just brilliant in XCom2. With the nade launcher they can just wreak havoc from safe areas, and flashbangs are pretty sweet too to mess up groups.

• Like 1

So, playing it on easy? Definately the way to go. I feel like I can make progress (I'm building facilities, researching, gaining new resistances)...but it's still difficult (missions labeled difficult will likely wreck you...I lost two soldiers :( )

Good game :D

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So! Looks like I am at the end game, I think. They said once I do this mission, there is no going back.

I have two, I believe, max ranked characters. And a cool thing for this mission? You can spend intel on some perks going in, which would have been nice earlier on.

Also? The ability to take control of enemy soldiers is amazing. Gonna go in with my two rangers, two psi-ops, my max level grenadier, my trooper (mod class), and a sniper (since I can buy a perk that allows me one extra soldier)

So...............fuck the final mission. Not in a good way, it was stupid and I hated it.

Non spoiler: It's WAAAYYYY too big of a level. I got lost for probably 20-40 minutes just trying to find the next batch of enemies.

And then you have to fight THREE Avatars, on top of a unlimited supply of enemies? Fuck that. If I was on anything but easy, I would never beat this game.

I liked the stats that it showed me at the end of the game, but I would have liked to have seen more in-depth stats for my soldiers. 

• 10 months later...

I fucking love this game. I can only ever play like 3 missions in a row of X Com before I am like "okay... if I play anymore my entire team is going to die". I played three missions, no fatalities (but some casualties) and took a break. 

• Like 1