Tennis!

sahyder1

Please win, Federer. I really support him like more people support football teams, and it's more important than my interest in tennis in general. This already has the makings of a great match. Things are looking good for Federer as well, Nadal's a little more passive than normal and when Federer makes his shots he wins the points. Interesting to see him using the angles against Nadal and running him around a bit more. I think previously it's been seen as a bit of a lost cause to try and tire him out, but Verdasco showed that you need to move him around to make angles for winners.

Federer is right to blame his service for that loss, it was woeful towards the end of the game, he seemed to just go to pieces. A remarkable championship for Nadal, two five hour epics in two days? He must be superhuman!

And well done to Laura Robson for making another grand slam final, she looks a real prospect, which makes a change as we've not had a decent women's competitor for ages.

Thing is, Rafa's the top dog at the minute, but I can imagine Rafa will have come and gone before Federer's retired. His body is breaking all the time, not just his knees but in general. His feet are ruined, his style of play, everything just works against him on a long term basis.

I felt gutted for Federer, my mam and sister were actually mocking him when he broke down crying. It made me quite sad just watching it. People seem to think he doesn't care because he's won 13, but every grand slam is like a new win to him. Nadal is a phenomenal player, but Federer is just a great player, possibly the best person ever to grace a tennis court and he's one of my heroes and he has to beat the record of Grand Slams, he just has to be. He just can't beat Rafa, he can beat everyone else convincingly if he wants to. But Rafa just poses too much of a problem for Federer, yet Rafa is more likely to lose to Joe Average despite always beating Federer.

• 4 months later...

I know this forum has some tennis fans, and I actually thought we had a thread but it seems there's only threads for the slams, although we haven't got one for the ongoing French Open!

With Wimbledon only a couple of weeks away, I thought this'd be a good idea. Right now, the final days of the French Open are taking place, with Juan Martin Del Potro facing Roger Federer for a place in the final against Robin Soderling, conqueror of Rafael Nadal, and the women's final is Dinara Safina versus Svetlana Kuznetsova.

So, where are the tennis fans!?

I love myself some tennis, I was real shocked to see Nadal get beat, two beats on clay in a couple weeks time.

I'm really rooting for Soderling to win as I can't stand Federer personally. Nadal not playing at Queen's is also a shocker, I wonder if his knee injury had anything to do with him getting beat at RG.

Fantastic. :) I shall be looking on with excitement.

Unless the F1 is on at the same time. I don't actually have a clue when the next race is. <_<

EDIT: Looks like tennis will have to be recorded and watched on Monday, then, seeing as I'm not at school.

Edited by KoA

2pm, Turkish GP is on between 1pm and about half 3 unfortunately. I think I'll choose the F1 to be honest, all of my main interests in the Men's are out.

Luckily Kuznetsova is in the Women's final AND it just avoids clashing with the F1 qualifying too, very good.