Tennis!

sahyder1

You don't have to tell me about obscene levels of overhyping as the announcers here have tried for years to make it seems like James Blake, Taylor Dent, Robby Ginepri and/or Mardy Fish were going to become big time players. Roddick had his one moment in the sun, and back then they were talking about him challenging Sampras for the most Slams ever. The women's side is the same way, except that Serena still wins Slams, while the rest of the Americans find new and exciting ways to choke.

You don't have to tell me about obscene levels of overhyping as the announcers here have tried for years to make it seems like James Blake, Taylor Dent, Robby Ginepri and/or Mardy Fish were going to become big time players. Roddick had his one moment in the sun, and back then they were talking about him challenging Sampras for the most Slams ever. The women's side is the same way, except that Serena still wins Slams, while the rest of the Americans find new and exciting ways to choke.

Is Taylor Dent still in this year? From what I've seen of him, he has the raw ability to be something, but needs to finetune his game a lot.

People from the press on Today at Wimbledon at the moment and they are all saying how their back pages will feature how Henman is now disappearing and his career is over.

Jeez, just fuck off you twats. Someone has to lose.

Gasquet/Murray is a potential 4th round match I think, or quarter final. I would love to see that, I really would, heres hoping.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest Leeleemu

At the end of the day, even though he may be overrated and may not be as good as Henman, he got through and we should support him to the end, we have finally got an agressive player who looks funny in interviews instead of boring henman.

Henman is the tennis version of michael owen in interviews

Safin you fucking twat. Talk about giving up, he just couldn't care. I've seen people who lost the first two sets 6-0 6-0 show more fight than Safin. I can't believe I actually like a quitter like this, and I waited about an hour for his autograph yesterday - I'm glad he ignored me because I wouldn't want an autograph from a quitter.

I'm done.

Oh and does anyone else find Sue Barker a bit - ARGH? She gets to do all the coverage of Wimbledon, but any other tournament she isn't anywhere to be seen or even comment on.

Blah.

Guest Leeleemu

Did anyone just hear the commentator for the Hewitt Gimelstob match have a go at Formula 1 - lol - "Their going to withdraw because their not happy of the shoes their wearing" - lol

Safin you fucking twat. Talk about giving up, he just couldn't care. I've seen people who lost the first two sets 6-0 6-0 show more fight than Safin. I can't believe I actually like a quitter like this, and I waited about an hour for his autograph yesterday - I'm glad he ignored me because I wouldn't want an autograph from a quitter.
Edited by the wall breaker

Yeah, when Safin wants to play and he enjoys playing, he could beat anyone on the ATP tour, even Federer, like at the Aus open.

I am hoping for a Federer - Hewitt semi final because it will be a great match and if it does happen, I don't see Federer blowing Hewitt away like the past couple of times he has.

I don't get how everybody is talking about Murray, wow, he won a couple of matches, who really cares?

Just cause he is 18 and is doing really well, doesn't mean he is going to win many grand slams. He will not win won while Federer is around and that could be another 5-7 years. I thik Henman lost because he was under so much pressure to do well. I blame the English press for his loss because if they didn't shut up aout how well he was going to do, he wouldn't have as much pressure on him and he wouldn't have one his first two matches in straight sets. That is the way I see it.

And Sharapova should win the womans title. The way she played against Karatancheva was excellent and if she keeps up that form, not even Clisters(sp?) will have a chance at beating her.

Is Taylor Dent still in this year? From what I've seen of him, he has the raw ability to be something, but needs to finetune his game a lot.

I don't get how everybody is talking about Murray, wow, he won a couple of matches, who really cares?

Just cause he is 18 and is doing really well, doesn't mean he is going to win many grand slams. He will not win won while Federer is around and that could be another 5-7 years. I thik Henman lost because he was under so much pressure to do well. I blame the English press for his loss because if they didn't shut up aout how well he was going to do, he wouldn't have as much pressure on him and he wouldn't have one his first two matches in straight sets. That is the way I see it.

Since when did Federer win all the grand slams?

Jesus Christ. Murray is on fire.

I don't dislike Murray - but for some reason I find it hard to root for him, maybe because I don't want to jump on the bandwagon with players. Examples being that i used to love Nadal so much, and then this clay court season everyone liked him, so i liked him less - i don't know why but that's just the way I work.

So Coria better never win a Grandslam! Not that anyone cared about his awesome clay court run last year.

I always had that feeling throughout today that Murray would win today and the people on TV was thinking he may get a set or 2. The guy is magic and could go very far this year, the other guy is going berserk out there and won't be long till he is put out if his misery and finally gets defeated by Murray the magician

I always had that feeling throughout today that Murray would win today and the people on TV was thinking he may get a set or 2. The guy is magic and could go very far this year, the other guy is going berserk out there and won't be long till he is put out if his misery and finally gets defeated by Murray the magician

Eat you're words.

God forbid he supported the kid. At one point, Murray SHOULD have won it, and that's when RawIsWar posted. Murray's proved his conditioning isn't good enough, but he still played well. Nalbandian played really well, managed to control Murray brilliantly at the end, and will deserve the win he's about to get.

Now that Serena's gone, I can confidently say that Roddick is the only person left in either draw that I don't want to see win it all. I'll still be rooting for Federer, and since Justine choked on me, it'd be nice to see Clijsters finally win a Slam, although Sharapova's got to be the heavy favorite now that her two main threats are already out.