Tennis!

sahyder1

It was so nice seeing Serena get destroyed and not be able to blame anything except her opponent being superior to her. I haven't been this happy to see a woman win since Seles won the '96 Aussie Open after her lenghty layoff.

It was so nice seeing Serena get destroyed and not be able to blame anything except her opponent being superior to her. I haven't been this happy to see a woman win since Seles won the '96 Aussie Open after her lenghty layoff.

I was pretty happy when Capriati came back and won a Grand Slam (Forget which one was her first though).

Guest Wrestling_Man

WAY TO GO MARIA!! She's the champion and now she's the reason why I'm going to watch women's tennis, not because she's good looking but she can kick some ass. I'm so glad that Serena lost, it looks like she's getting a little bit beefy if you know what I mean. But I mean, Serena has been worrying on her fashion line, Venus too, but I mean we might never see Serena and Venus be like they were 3-4 years ago ever again. But today, it's Maria's day and I think we should celebrate it right here with a toast.

This is a new birth in women's tennis and Sharapova was simply amazing last night. She is great for her age and is very attractive aswell.

Sharapova was excellent yesterday. This is only the beginning for her, as I don't see her going the Kournakova way.

Men's final today. Should be a great match. Federer is gonna win, but I just know it's gonna be a great match anyway.

I haven't really watched Tennis for years - since I gave up playing it in pursuit of other sports really. But my god, Sharapova was fantastic yesterday - she played Williams of the court. She is my age and played with such confidence, power and brilliance that I really did feel grateful to watch. Hopefully she enjoys a long and successful career.

Hoping for a nice game today - I entirely expect Federer to win though. :/

Right, well, obviously i'm not allowed to support Sharapova without a 42098 people doing it as well.

Am i the only Coria fan there is? Please God let their be, i must be.

My picks, yes from the start, not like most people when it comes to the quarters and then people start picking

Sharapova, Maria (13) - Womens Final Winner

Henman, Tim (5) - Mens Quarter Final (bt by Ancic, Mario)

I think the only person capable of beating Federer on grass is Henman. That's all i think, despite how much of a prick Henman is supposed to be, so says my coach.

Henman couldn't beat a Paraplegic.

Every year it's the same "It's Henman's year" and it never is. Why? Because he's shockingly average. The only reason he's British #1 is because the rest of our players are crud.

Sharapova is awesome and hasn't let the hype go to her head, and Federer has been unbeatable.

My picks from the start were Serena and Federer, like John Macenroes (sp?). I thought Sharapova would get to the 1/4 finals, I never ever expected her to get this far, I saw her at Wimbledon last ear and I though "Wow, she looks good". And I saw her a few times earlier in the year and she looked 10 times better, she is going to be the women's number 1 within the next year to year and a half I think. She is my favourite women's player, just brilliant to watch. MariaMania has begun

It is a shame she didn't make it into the Olympics :(

Edited by Gooner4Life

My picks from the start were Serena and Federer, like John Macenroes (sp?). I thought Sharapova would get to the 1/4 finals, I never ever expected her to get this far, I saw her at Wimbledon last ear and I though "Wow, she looks good". And I saw her a few times earlier in the year and she looked 10 times better, she is going to be the women's number 1 within the next year to year and a half I think. She is my favourite women's player, just brilliant to watch. MariaMania has begun

It is a shame she didn't make it into the Olympics :(

Maria's rise is on par with that of Martina Hingis a few years back. And barring an injury, Maria will be on top for years to come.

I'm putting money on it that one of the Williams takes the crown at next years Wimbledon. I was so wanting Roddick to win today but oh well not his year. Cant wait till next year when we once again get the:

"IT'S TIM'S YEAR I TELL YA...HE'S GONNA WIN IT"

Yeah dream on  :)

I'm going with Venus and Federer winning Wimbledon next year myself.

Yay for year-early predictions!

• 1 month later...

The Men's Draw is looking really good with a potential Agassi/Federer Quarter Final. Roddick and Hewitt could end up meeting in the Semis as well. I haven't really taken a close look at the womens draw but I'd like to see Sharapova and Capriati do well.