Tennis!

sahyder1

Just a quick update as I can't think of much to add.

I still don't like Nalbandian, but he hangs on to beat Hewiit 9-7 in the 5th. Clijsters double-bagelled Safina. Molik fights her way through. Both of Tsonga and Baghdatis challenged to 5 sets, but both progress. Nadal doesn't lose a game before Marcos Daniel retires.

Nadal through to Round3 easy this morning, 6-2 6-1 6-1 against US qualifier Ryan Sweeting. Murray vs Illya Marchenko to start very soon according to BBC, I thought it was gonna be 8am so I'm just watching a couple of nice looking foreign women players play at the moment :w00t:

I don't like Andy Murray at all but I'd quite like to see him win this. After seeing him fail so much, it's kinda getting old and this is the natural progression. It's not like anybody will give a shit about the Aussie Open anyway, do people even know what it is? :shifty:

Andy Murray is through to the Last 16 with a very impressive win over Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1 6-1 6-2. Murray sealed victory in the just over an hour and a half. Murray will now play the winner of Jürgen Melzer (11) and Marcos Baghdatis (21) in the Last 16, with a possible match with Soderling in the Quarter-Finals, Nadal in the Semi-Finals and Federer in the Final.

To be honest Andy is looking very good this year, I think he'll make it quite comfortably to the Semi-Finals if his current form continues. But a match against Nadal is another story, he'd have to play extremely well to progress.

Nadal vs. Tomic now, so far at 3-2, Bernie looks good but obviously has no chance. Stosur out in a bit of a shock loss to Petra Kvitova, Milos Raonic, a Candian qualifier has got through to the 4th round by beating 10th seed Youzhny after already beating Llodra. He also has the fastest serve of the tournament at 230 km/h. Cilic beat Isner in a marathon 5-setter, Tsonga lost to Dolgopolov and Ferrer breezes past Richard Berankis to play Raonic next.

EDIT: Now he's out, and that was our last Aussie in singles. At one point he was 4-0 up in the second, but Nadal was easily good enough to get back. Melzer also beat Baghdatis to play Murray next.

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

Cilic beat Isner in a marathon 5-setter

Pfft, that's nowhere near a 'marathon 5-setter' in John Isner's eyes anymore :P

Murray is looking great atm but he needs to keep this up. Not dropped a set and rolling, will be interesting to see how tough a test Meltzer gives him now.

Apparently Jurgen's had a great finish to last year, but Murray's still favourite. Roddick knocked out by Stanislas Wawrinka, who now plays Federer in the first ever all-Swiss Grand Slam QF. Agreed with the comment about Isner, but Schiavone beat Kuznetsova in a really long match today after 4h 44m. 6-4 1-6 (even that went for over 50 minutes) 16-14. "Petkorazzi" also beat Sharapova easily to get through.

I'm looking forward to the Murray match tonight, estimated 1.50am GMT start for anyone interested. If Murray plays like he has in his other matches this tournament, I predict Murray win in 3 sets. If he has a bad day then it'll probably go to 5 sets but I think Murray will edge it anyways.