Tennis!

sahyder1

Ljubicic was out in 3 sets today. I was really surprised by this result. The first time in Wimbledon this year.

Most favourites are going through without much trouble both in the ATP and WTA tour. On the men's side Hewitt looked really impressive. Coria did too, which surprised me a bit. On the women's side, Davenport and Kuznetsova barely lose any points, whether it was their serve or their opponent's. Sure this is still the first round, but should give some indication on who's in good form and who isn't just as good.

Also, as this board seems to be full of Sharapova lovers, she played today and won without much trouble in 2 sets.

And because there are so many brits posting in this thread,

So far Rusedski, Sherwood and Murray went through to the second round and Delgado, Mackin, Goodhall and Bogdanovic are out in the first.

On the women's side, Baltacha, O'Brien, Borwell, Llewellyn (didn't stand a single chance against Kuznetsova) and Keothavong are all out.

On the women's side, Baltacha, O'Brien, Borwell, Llewellyn (didn't stand a single chance against Kuznetsova) and Keothavong are all out.

Yeah, and O'Briend did? :P

OMG OMG KARLOVIC IS INTO A FIFTH SET AND THREE HAVE GONE TO TIE BREAKS OMG OMG WHO DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?

Yeah, and O'Briend did? :P

OMG OMG KARLOVIC IS INTO A FIFTH SET AND THREE HAVE GONE TO TIE BREAKS OMG OMG WHO DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?

I haven't seen the O'Brien match. You don't have the right to mock me after i beat you in all clay court tournament predictions :P there were just 2 of them here, but that doesn't matter :shifty:

By the way. Henman lost the first set 6-3 to Nieminen and is losing 5-4 in the second. Why am i stuck with this game. I want to see the Karlovic one. :angry:

Karlovic is out in the first set, 12-10 in the last set.

I'm not surprised, he's nothing more than a serve although i expected more than a first round exit from him!

EDIT: Marray is in a 5th set with Malisse, good on the lad! I remember he lost something like 8-6 to Karol Beck last year in the first round.

Edited by IAceI

Karlovic is out in the first set, 12-10 in the last set.

I'm not surprised, he's nothing more than a serve although i expected more than a first round exit from him!

Ivanisevic won Wimbledon. Why couldn't he at least reach halfway to it? I've seen his set results. He was two points shy of winning it in 3 sets, and ended up out of the tournament.

Henman with a good comeback won the third set. He's now losing 2-1 in sets. Henin won the second set but is now down 4-2 in the third. She's having a hard time.

Henin is 2 points away from being out in the first round. I couldn't see this one coming.

EDIT: Match Point Daniilidou... Henin saved it. Saved yet another one and went on to win that game. 5-5 now.

EDIT 2: third match point and it's over. 7-5 Henin is out.

Edited by Malenko