The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

• Admin
The Premier League has announced a decision not have a title sponsor from season 2016/2017. The move reflects the organisation's desire to mirror major American sports leagues like the NBA and NFL in presenting a 'clean' brand. Having been sponsored by Barclays since 2004, in 2016 the competition will be known simply as 'The Premier League'.
Predictions which will probably almost all turn out incorrect!
  • Chelsea will win the league
  • Man Utd second, Arsenal and City to squabble over third and fourth
  • Rodgers to be sacked before the season ends
  • Spurs to be better but ultimately fall short of the top four once again
  • Bournemouth will perform well and survive. Watford will finish bottom of the pile with at least one managerial change mid-season. Norwich will scrape survival at the expense of an established top flight team.

Sunderland fans buy flowers for Dick Advocaat's wife after he stays at club

And hey, screw you all, if I'm going to have three teams in the league then I'm sure as hell making the thread

<_<

• Like 3

Oh go on then, a bit of prediction fun:

• Relegation Prediction: Bournemouth, Sunderland and Norwich will be relegated, with Leicester, Villa and Newcastle struggling in and around once again.
  • Top of the League Prediction: Chelsea will win the league, followed by Man City and Arsenal again.
  • Underachieving Prediction: Man U and Liverpool will both drop places year on year.
  • Overachieving Prediction: Southampton in and around the top four for most of the season.
  • Biased Prediction: Leicester will win at least one cup
  • Sack Race Prediction: No managers will be sacked between opening day and Christmas.
  • Nigel Pearson Incident Prediction: There will be at least four incidents involving Nigel Pearson and Leicester City contraversy this year.

Ooh, I like predictions. Totally not stealing your template Benji. >_>

• Relegation Prediction: Leicester (Sorry Benji :( ), Watford and Norwich, with Bournemouth just about scraping by.
  • Top of the League Prediction: Chelsea, followed by Arsenal, Man City and Man U.
  • Underachieving Prediction: Liverpool will drop to mid-table.
  • Overachieving Prediction: Stoke will come in above Liverpool.
  • Biased Prediction: Everton will hopefully manage to qualify for Europe.
  • Sack Race Prediction: Rodgers is sacked before Christmas.
  • Like 1

The Premier League has announced a decision not have a title sponsor from season 2016/2017. The move reflects the organisation's desire to mirror major American sports leagues like the NBA and NFL in presenting a 'clean' brand. Having been sponsored by Barclays since 2004, in 2016 the competition will be known simply as 'The Premier League'.

Then why is this thread still known as the Barclays Premier League? HMMMM JAMES?!!? LOOKS LIKE TEAM BEEBCAT HAS BLASTED OFF AGAIN!!

Then why is this thread still known as the Barclays Premier League? HMMMM JAMES?!!? LOOKS LIKE TEAM BEEBCAT HAS BLASTED OFF AGAIN!!

Because it will still be known as the Barclays Premier League in 2015/2016? Plubs, you plum.

• Like 6

A joke so bad that it never even occured to anyone that it might be intended as funny.

So typical Plubby fare then.

• Like 1

I don't get it :/

Ok so Lineker put news about 16/17 in the opening post of the 15/16 thread so the joke was that I was pretending that everything that's in the 15/16 thread is about the 15/16 season.

In all seriousness here's my predictions

• Relegation Prediction: All 3 promoted teams. Depending on who Villa bring in and if players leave they'll be hovering around the relegation zone again.
  • Top of the League Prediction: Same as last year. Chelsea will win after the others flap it, Arsenal will go on a run of form from January, Man.City will disappoint and Man.Utd will finish 4th.
  • Underachieving Prediction: West Ham - Europa League campaign starting really early and if they stay in it for the long run will impact on their season. Also Tottenham, I think they'll drop down to 7th depending on who they bring in and if Harry Kane can have another good season.
  • Overachieving Prediction: Swansea- I think they'll do better than last season and have a good run of form and end up finishing 6th.
  • Biased Prediction: I think we'll finish 5th again, I've got a feeling it'll be a similar story as last season in which we'll fight for 4th and then crumble at some point after a good run of form. I think we will win the League Cup too.
  • Sack Race Prediction: No one will go before Christmas.

Ok so Lineker put news about 16/17 in the opening post of the 15/16 thread so the joke was that I was pretending that everything that's in the 15/16 thread is about the 15/16 season.

Don't worry, I'm sure Lineker will post the 16/17 thread in a few days.

• Like 2

• Admin

Don't worry, I'm sure Lineker will post the 16/17 thread in a few days.

Chortle! GUFFAW!!

Ooh, I like predictions. Totally not stealing your template Benji. >_>

• Relegation Prediction: Leicester (Sorry Benji :( ), Watford and Norwich, with Bournemouth just about scraping by.

Steal my bloody template and then say my team is going down. Turrible :P

• Like 1

• Relegation Prediction: Watford, Bournemouth and Sunderland. Aston Villa will scrape by for a second time.
  • Top of the League Prediction: Chelsea to retain, Arsenal push for second, Manchester United, and Manchester City to round it off.
  • Underachieving Prediction: Everton to scrap near the bottom. Southampton fall down to the mid-table.
  • Overachieving Prediction: West Ham to finish around the Europa League, like Swansea.
  • Biased Prediction: Swansea finish in the Europa League, get to the semi final of the League Cup and do the double over two out of the top four again.
  • Sack Race Prediction: The man that's just been installed at Watford.