The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Chelsea have unveiled proposed plans to build a new £500m, 60,000 seater 'cathedral of football' on the site of Stamford Bridge.

The plans have been revealed as part of a three day public consultation held at the stadium this week.

The design of the four new stands will take their inspiration from the buttresses and pillars of actual cathedrals. With that said, the stylised images released so far look rather to have fallen out of the 1927 film Metropolis. :shifty:

Should the construction actually go ahead, it would require Chelsea to play at least a couple of seasons elsewhere - most likely Wembley or Twickenham.

2A1744B700000578-3143769-An_impression_o

2A1744A900000578-3143769-Here_is_what_th

2A1744C000000578-3143769-Roman_Abramovic

2A17426A00000578-3143769-The_North_Stand

2A17416800000578-3143769-Supporters_leav

2A17415600000578-3143769-A_closer_look_a

Not really arsed about O'Driscoll coming in. You can be an excellent coach and not be a good manager. If he helps get the best out the players than great he's done his job. Couldn't give a fuck about his win/loss record.

But if he doesn't wear shorts all the time then I'll have a problem...

Putting a Cathedral of Football at the site of Stamford Bridge has got to be like putting any building in America on an old Indian Burial Ground. After all, Chelsea IS where attacking football goes to die...

After all, Chelsea IS where attacking football goes to die...

Was that what you were telling yourself when Spurs last came to Stamford Bridge and lost 3-0?

We couldn't get into the ground because there were buses parked in front of the entrances. :(

In fairness, I got that phrase from the Daily Mail article and have no idea if it's actually reflected in anything Chelsea have put out.

Still, in pompousness it would still be about eleventy rungs below "Theatre of Dreams". :shifty:

• Like 1

In fairness, I got that phrase from the Daily Mail article and have no idea if it's actually reflected in anything Chelsea have put out.

Still, in pompousness it would still be about eleventy rungs below "Theatre of Dreams". :shifty:

Oh yeah, I wasn't directing that at you, I'd read the term already. I also agree that Theatre of Dreams is pompous, but at least that doesn't have divine implications, which is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect from Mourinho, even though he probably had no say in the name.

Fantastic coach, much more suited to that than dealing with the manager's workings.

Liverpool fans who have never heard of him slating him are making me laugh on Twitter. Claiming he can't be anywhere near as experienced or good as Colin Pascoe. Really, can he not? Nobody had even heard of Pascoe before he moved to be #2 at Liverpool.

I think a lot of these people were hoping to hear of someone they'd heard of being brought in. For whatever reason. Probably René Meulensteen or Sami Hyppia or Ayesteran. If Hyppia wanted to come in as a coach I'd be pleased.

The vocal minority who just dislike Rodgers would just use a 'name' assistant manager as a stick to beat Rodgers with. If things were going well they'd say it was the assistant and if they were going badly they'd say it was Rodgers' fault and FSG should make the assistant manager his replacement.

It's a good choice. A coach who is experienced and who Rodgers has praised in the past. Hopefully the club will name a new first team coach ASAP too. The clubs been doing pretty well lately in trying to get shit done. It's nice.

• Like 1