The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Liverpool fans getting impatient as Klopp enters second trophyless day

Liverpool fans are growing impatient with new manager Jurgen Klopp as he began his second day on the payroll without securing the premier league title.

Early indications are that fans are unlikely to call for his head just yet, but club insiders say that fan frustration is already growing exponentially.

A Liverpool source told us, “The fans wants to win the Premier League, and Jurgen hasn’t yet done that for Liverpool, so of course his job is on the line – why wouldn’t it be?”

“In modern football you don’t get the time to build an empire like in the years gone by.  If he hasn’t won the Premier League by Christmas, don’t be surprised to see him on the way out.”

“Just because we’ve paid nearly £5m a year to secure his services doesn’t mean for one second he’ll be allowed an entire season to win the lucrative trophy – Liverpool didn’t get where it is today by working to other people’s timetables.”

New Liverpool Boss

Klopp spoke to the media, telling reporters, “I thought the fans were joking, but the moment I signed the contract one fan looked me in the eye and said, ‘So, have we won it yet?’.”

“I can assure every Liverpool fan that I am doing everything in my power to find a way to deliver the Premier League before the leaves are off the trees.”

“But if they could just wait five goddamn minutes to find my desk, that would be nice.”

http://newsthump.com/2015/10/09/liverpool-fans-getting-impatient-as-klopp-enters-second-trophyless-day/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork 

• Like 6

Question for regular watchers of the Premier League: Do you think referees have become worse in recent seasons than they were before, or have pundits and managers just become bolder in criticising what they perceive as poor performances from referees? I feel like a lot of the time nowadays referees just aren't making big decisions, or being brave enough to make them.

Question for regular watchers of the Premier League: Do you think referees have become worse in recent seasons than they were before, or have pundits and managers just become bolder in criticising what they perceive as poor performances from referees? I feel like a lot of the time nowadays referees just aren't making big decisions, or being brave enough to make them.

The last three or four seasons has seen a shocking decline in the quality of officiating, yeah. There seems to be a terrible decision every game these days.

• Like 1

I don't think the decision making is getting much worse (outside of the fact that linesmen having been freed from deciding whether a goal has crossed the line seem to have forgotten what offside means), but referees are definitely getting in the way of play a lot more. I'd like to get confirmation but it really feels like since the last World Cup refs have been told to get 'closer' to the action, and if they're not getting hit by balls they're certainly preventing quick passing from happening by standing completely in the way of a wingers out ball.

There was at least two incidents of the ref getting in the way in the Derby last week killing off attacks for both us and Everton. 

I like the RUMOUR of Klopp waiting in the wings should Bayern decide to sell Lewandowski.

Because, you know, 12 goals in 4 games wasn't good enough. Sell the bastard.

• Like 2

I like the RUMOUR of Klopp waiting in the wings should Bayern decide to sell Lewandowski.

Because, you know, 12 goals in 4 games wasn't good enough. Sell the bastard.

That's ignoring the bigger picture though. Lewa (and Gotze, for that matter) have been fairly underwhelming for Bayern, in and out of the side. It's not that unfeasible that Bayern would cash in and bring in some other worldie talent. They got rid of Gomez for much less. Not that I think he's coming to Liverpool either way, because no.

Edited by Social Justice Nerf