The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I just don't get what the big deal about McClean is. Everybody knows what his stance is at this point and what he did was a completely peaceful, personal protest.

Just seems like sensationalised nonsense drummed up by the media.

What is he protesting for though? We all know we did bad shit and things have gotten better between the UK and Ireland in recent times. If it was something that currently happening then I'd understand it...

I signed up to the standard and H2H. I'm thinking of setting a draft league, just looking at the various websites.

We tried that last year. Lasted all but one week

I just don't get what the big deal about McClean is. Everybody knows what his stance is at this point and what he did was a completely peaceful, personal protest.

Just seems like sensationalised nonsense drummed up by the media.

What is he protesting for though? We all know we did bad shit and things have gotten better between the UK and Ireland in recent times. If it was something that currently happening then I'd understand it...

James McLean was expressing an opinion. Not a particularly radical one, and not in a particularly damaging way. His protest may mean a lot to James McLean himself, it may mean a lot to people who like to take offence whenever possible.

i don't see how it matters that much to you, me or any other rational person. He was opting out of a procedure he doesn't approve of. That's it.

Also, point of order - some of you are so outraged that you've mislaid the facts: GSTQ is the British national anthem, not the English national anthem. Therefore, McLean turning away quite possibly isn't the anti-English jibe that you think it is. Maybe he loves England. Maybe, instead, he doesn't approve of the foreign or internal policy of the British state - for it is their anthem.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 3

Depay scored twice this morning! Still remains to be seen whether he CDIOAWWNIS, but this is a good start.

Pereira also scored a tidy header. I hope he gets a chance this season.

Livescore are giving the first to Mata now. I did wonder if Depay had got a touch or not from the grainy YouTube vid.

Edited by Baddar
  • Like 1

• Admin

Sky Sports has secured rights to show “near-live” highlights of the Premier League online for three years starting in 2016.

The deal also means News UK titles the Sun and Times will be able to continue offering highlights as part of their digital packages through an arrangement with Sky.

News UK has held the rights for online highlights since 2013, through a separate deal thought to be worth £20m. Sky last held rights for highlights delivered via mobiles for three seasons starting in 2007, then in partnership with News International, the previous name for News UK.

Sky parent 21st Century Fox and News UK’s owner News Corp are controlled by Rupert Murdoch.

News UK chief executive Mike Darcey said: “We are delighted to be teaming up with Sky Sports for this exclusive distribution partnership, which gives us the green light to continue bringing Premier League clips to our engaged customers for another three years.”

“It was a competitive process with lots of interest from across the industry, which is testament to the innovation displayed by, and intuitive marketing campaigns created by, teams at News UK since first winning the rights in 2013. This new partnership with Sky Sports will undoubtedly bring a better product to market for our customers.”

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said: “The way people watch sport is changing rapidly and this agreement ensures Sky Sports will continue to offer the best coverage across TV, mobile, online and social media.”

The highlights package comes on top of the 126 live Premier League games a year Sky is able to show after paying more than £4.1bn for a three-year deal earlier this year. Rival bidder BT secured 42 matches a year at a cost of £960m, with competition between the two driving the value of broadcasting the Premier League to more than £10m per game.

Hmmm.

Newcastle played 3-5-2 yesterday against Portland. Our back 3 was Satka (sprog), Ferguson (left back) and Bigirimana (midfielder). :s

They did only concede 3 goals in the first 30 minutes, all from set pieces, so it was about par.

It annoys me that Cisse's goal against Chelsea continuously gets overlooked in Premier League's greatest goals segments on Sky. They named six there and put Defoe's from last season in. It's right up there with Yeboah, Le Tissier, Rooney etc, was an absolutely crazy strike.

• Like 3

They did only concede 3 goals in the first 30 minutes, all from set pieces, so it was about par.

They were all shit, but only one of those was actually their fault. You can give the other two to Sissoko and Gouffran doing fuck all in the box during a set-piece.