The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Been keeping up with the Spurs pre-season friendlies and stuff, and it looks like we could have a few more youngsters who could potentially challenge for spots in the squad this year. Just wondering if anyone else thinks a youth player or two could start getting games this year? Would be interesting to know who we could be seeing for clubs, and could be fun to predict who we might see. I'm sure we'll see a few Villa youngsters this year, for one. 

• Like 1

Joe Gomez: He's been impressive at left back for us this season and Brendan has ruled out the idea of a loan move for him. He's been comfortable with the ball and solid defensively. Could provide an interesting battle with Moreno for the left back position. 

Jordan Rossiter: Has played a lot of games so far and done fairly well. Bit of a no nonsense player really in terms of he doesn't do anything fancy but has a solid work ethic and has odd moments. Can see him playing in the Europa League and cup games.  

They are probably the two youngsters who stand out the most. Oyo might get another loan move and I think Teixiera might stay put and try and play in the cup games. He done well for Brighton until the injury.

The first one that's springs to mind is Andreas Pereira. Elsewhere, I'd expect to see McNair and Wilson a little more than last season while I wouldn't be surprised to see Jesse Lingard involved at some stage in the season.

If Rolando Aarons stays fit he could potentially be amazing. He was very good last year in the glimpses we got of him.

Like a very raw, left footed, less cuntish Raheem Sterling. Hopefully the new deal is sorted before he kicks a ball this season.

I'm not even sure which of our youth players are still at the club and which ones have been loaned out. There's a lot of good young players that could get the odd cup game if their around.

Mourinho has apparently said that RLC and Traore are in our plans for next year. RLC looked good in his appearances at the tale end of last season. I've heard a lot of positive things about Traore, but I've never seen him play.

Zouma will hopefully get more game time this year as well. If Chalobah doesn't end up loaned out, I'd love to see him get more time.

If Rolando Aarons stays fit he could potentially be amazing. He was very good last year in the glimpses we got of him.

Like a very raw, left footed, less cuntish Raheem Sterling. Hopefully the new deal is sorted before he kicks a ball this season.

I might be overrating the guy a lot right now, but from what he's shown I believe he is superior in certain ways to Raheem. A more skilled dribbler, and better decision-making.

^ Pretty sure Chalobah is being loaned again. His name wasn't among the six that Jose named as 'his midfielders' for the season, and there's no way he's getting a go at CB if we're also targeting Stones.

But yeah, RLC is the obvious one. Traore was very bright in last summer's pre-season and I've only heard more praise of him since, so we'll see...

Of course, it's Patrick Bamford I'll be keeping an eye on. :shifty:

Watford have appointed former Australia international Harry Kewell as the club's new Under-21 coach.

I'm surprised he has time between murdering puppies and counting his piles of money. 

• Like 2

His piles of money can only buy so many puppies to murder, man's gotta eat!

Yeah City are getting smashed and the goal was never a pen in a million years.

I'm sure he got plenty of money when he sold his soul.

• Admin

West Bromwich Albion sale in doubt after talks with buyer suspended

Anfield

The redevelopment of Liverpool’s stadium gathered pace today as a 650-tonne truss was fitted on to the roof of the Main Stand at Anfield.

The structure was hoisted on to two towers, either side of the existing stand yesterday, by cranes but high winds led to the work being postponed.

The first stage of the stadium expansion will add around 8,500 seats, taking the three-tier Main Stand capacity to more than 20,000 and increasing the overall capacity of Anfield to around 54,000. Other new facilities include a widened player tunnel, new team benches, media platform and wheelchair viewing positions. When complete, the Main Stand will become one of the largest all-seater single stands in Europe.

Anfield

Liverpool are redeveloping the stadium as part of a £260m scheme for the whole Anfield area. The second phase of the expansion with see the Anfield Road end expanded by a further 4,800 seats to take the capacity to just below 60,000 ready for the 2016-17 season.