The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I don't think that works if you appoint Jimmy Nail.

58 minutes ago, TCO said:

This had better be the end for McClaren.

Give Cathro a chance, Rodgers, Moyes fucking anybody but Carver or Keegan again is better than this. :bang:

It sounds silly, but given we're a team with a wealth of decent attacking talent playing in bizarre positions and looking like they've never played together Keegan would probably do a decent job, as he did when turning Viduka, Owens and Martins into an effective 3 man attack. He wouldn't touch this club with a bargepole though.

I checked the LiveScore app and may have slightly celebrated the fact Leicester are winning.

Uh oh, Mahrez coming off injured... seems to have tweaked his hamstring. 

Take that back, looks like he might be staying on.

Well, now he is indeed coming off... Leicester lead with 5 minutes to go. Really hope he's not going to miss any action. That could be a crucial blow to their title aspirations, losing him.

It'd be immensely cool for Leicester to win it. As far as can I see the last time the English league title went a team who had never previously won the league was Nottingham Forrest in 77/78.

I'm really happy with Spurs. I'm not from the UK and I was never one for glory hunting and rooting for teams because they've winning things or have good squads.  I've been a fan of this team since I've been five years old, mostly because of Gazza, Gary Lineker and Jews and I've seen near relegation, terrible managers, mid-table obscurity and horrible cockney twats in charge of my team and no matter what happens this season I'll be happy with our effort, because after years of suffering, if you had told me we'd actually be mounting a title challenge, I would have taken it. Really, no matter what's been happening with the team I just cannot help myself from smiling and all I can really hope for is for the players to keep up their level of effort. This is a really cool season and one I probably won't forget in a very, very long time. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

I'm really happy with Spurs. I'm not from the UK and I was never one for glory hunting and rooting for teams because they've winning things or have good squads.  I've been a fan of this team since I've been five years old, mostly because of Gazza, Gary Lineker and Jews and I've seen near relegation, terrible managers, mid-table obscurity and horrible cockney twats in charge of my team and no matter what happens this season I'll be happy with our effort, because after years of suffering, if you had told me we'd actually be mounting a title challenge, I would have taken it. Really, no matter what's been happening with the team I just cannot help myself from smiling and all I can really hope for is for the players to keep up their level of effort. This is a really cool season and one I probably won't forget in a very, very long time. 

:@

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

Nah, you're a Spurs wanker.

19 minutes ago, Lineker said:

He's our spanner :wub: 

You're a spurs wanker too.

• Like 3

All jokes aside about how terrible we are, today it actually sunk in that we're not getting out of this mess. It's a strange feeling. Not entirely sure why it took a 4-0 against a side you'd expect to beat us 4-0, but the performance today showed that there is literally no fight left in the team. 

• Like 1