The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

His piles of money can only buy so many puppies to murder, man's gotta eat!

Yeah City are getting smashed and the goal was never a pen in a million years.

I'm sure he got plenty of money when he sold his soul.

he didn't sell his soul; he went to play for another football team

• Like 5

No, I'm sorry but that's oversimplifying it to the extreme. He was there when 2 innocent fans were murdered, he knew that a large section of their fans still glorified and celebrated it, it shows a complete lack of respect for the fanbase as a whole but more importantly for Chris and Kevin and their families. It's not a case of signing for a rival team, it's a complete lack of respect for the fans of the club that made him who he was.

Anyway, that's the last I'm saying about it.

• Like 1

I think it's a bit unreasonable to suggest that you know what Harry Kewell knew. How do you know what he knows?

I think it's unfair to associate Galatasary and thousands of their supporters with the terrible people that stabbed those fans.

i don't think Leeds made Harry Kewell what he was. He was a talented plAyer. He'd have done well anyway. 

In reality Harry Kewell was a man who left a job. He was looking for a new job and Galatasary offered him a job in an area of work that he was skilled at.

Say an Asda employee killed a Leeds fan. Would you despise your pal who went and took a job at Asda soon afterwards?

Football fans get too emotional about these things. They put colours before rationality. In this particular case, they make a point of prolonging and aggravating the football rivalry between Leeds and Galatasary rather than remembering and respecting the memories of these poor guys who were killed. They carry on an irrational grudge instead of moving on and trying to learn lessons from what happened.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 7

I don't think Harry Kewell moving to Galatasary was wrong of him, he's a worker and he should seek the best employment for him. However the statement he released afterwards was incredible insulting and took away any hope of coming out of it looking well.

• Like 2

I don't agree that Leeds made him what he is, but otherwise I agree with Matt that the move to Galatasaray was at very best a real error in judgement. If the murder of two fans had been an isolated incident from an otherwise peaceful fan base then perhaps you could justify it, but given that their Ultras glorify their history of violence and aren't dealt with by the club I think it's very understandable for Leeds fans to feel betrayed. It's one thing to move for more money, and another again to move to a local rival, but to move to a club whose fans murdered two of your previous clubs fans in the name of football is pretty poor for me.

• Like 1

Off to Walsall today. Actually looking forward to going to a pre-season friendly, it's nice to know that there are no expectations and that I get to see some different players who are normally in the reserves. 

• Like 1

I've been pretty impressed so far by our pre season games. We look incredibly sharp and fit. 

Our attacking play has been outstanding, the players all look on the same wave length. No doubt we'll crumble as soon as the season starts, but I have definite reasons for being a little optimistic this season.

Navas definitely doesn't have better end product, he didn't score last year and got eight assists. Sterling, playing in a less dominant team, got 7 goals and 7 assists, which also outscores Nasri in goals and assists, too. I know it's not always that simple, but I'd probably have Sterling over both of them. 

But that's also because Nasri's an even bigger prick than Sterling. 

• Like 1

I know eveybody has been on Sterling's back, but taking Nasri and Navas over him is insane. Navas is complete wank, he's a traditional winger who doesn't have very good end product. City overpaid for him yes and he's also a bit of a penis, but he's still a quality player.

Courtois' penalty was one of the best I've seen, like a proper bullet into the top corner. It amazes me that keepers don't take more penalties. They have a low trajectory powerful striking technique from dead balls that outfield players will never master.