The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I don't see it as an essential, and it's unusual the tv's off Cbeebies these days, but it's decent enough for some highlights and interviews. Do the 'it's not the same without Lovejoy' crowd still exist? It's ruddy identical, except it doesn't have annoying Tim Lovejoy anymore.

I liked Max Rushden though.

Max Rushden was the best part of the show since he started, he's witty and just the right level of comedy for the spot. Fenners is awful and very irritating, poor decision.

But yeah, a lot of their comedy is cringey. Tone that down a bit and it'd actually be great.

• Like 2

Jose Mourinho has signed a new four year contract with Chelsea, extending his previous contract by an additional two years. Apparently this is the week for such things (with Pellegrini etc.).

I don't have a Premier League team so I chose Sunderland because I went to see them once (against Man United, but am I fuck choosing them).

It informs me that I share a birthday with Keith Curle (who?) and Jake Livermore (who?). One of those players is a year older than me. One of them isn't.

Also, the top players born near me thing lists Gary McAllister, Dominic Matteo, Scot Gemmill, Kevin Gallagher and Colin Calderwood, who were born in Motherwell, Dumfries, Paisley, Clydebank and Stranraer. Which doesn't make sense because Glasgow is closer to me than all those places except Paisley, yet Glasgow surely has far more notable players than lot. Though the only one I can think of right now is Alan Hutton. :/