The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Southampton XI: Stekelenburg, Cedric, Yoshida, Fonte, Targett, S. Davis, Wanyama, Tadic, Mane, Long, Pelle.

Everton XI:  Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Galloway, Barry, Cleverley, McCarthy, Barkley, Kone, Lukaku.

The game kicks off at 12:45pm on BT Sport 1.

Me? I did see that and thought it should have been a penalty. And Veretout should have been red carded. If someone is going to bring up one instance of a player cheating then it should be pointed out both sides were as bad as each other.

P. sure choke holds are red card offences too. The ref bottling it against United is hardly a new thing, though. ;)

The ref not giving a penalty for a clear foul is bottling it, yeah. Linesman, too.

As for the Veretout kick, was it noticed? I don't think so. Hard for the ref to see that due to the position of the players. Can't bottle something you don't see. Not saying it wasn't a red, but it wasn't seen. The choke hold couldn't be missed.

Are they pretending the "penalty" decision was somehow more of an issue than it was just to give Howard Webb something to do? It was very clearly outside the box, and it never looked like a penalty was ever being considered, but they keep going "HE'S DONE WELL THERE. IT WAS A BIG DECISION AND HE GOT IT SPOT ON!" He should be getting it right, wasn't even close.

Why is there about 5 commentators on BT Sport anyway? It's like WWE or something.