The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I saw a lot of pundits predicting that Man City would finish fourth this season, with some even going as far as to put them outside the top four. I know we're only two matches in, but on the evidence provided so far, but I really can't see how as many as three teams will finish above them.

US commentator basically said "Well if Kompany and Yaya Toure are back to their 2013-14 form then rumors of City's demise have been greatly exaggerated."  I think it's a kneejerk reaction to not expect guys who were uncharacteristically down last year to be that way again this year.  Glad to know sports pundits across the pond are just as reactionary in their opinions.

Just lulling them into a false sense of security, next week, Aguero and Toure are getting sent off for 'raising an eyebrow in a quizzical manner'.

US commentator basically said "Well if Kompany and Yaya Toure are back to their 2013-14 form then rumors of City's demise have been greatly exaggerated."  I think it's a kneejerk reaction to not expect guys who were uncharacteristically down last year to be that way again this year.  Glad to know sports pundits across the pond are just as reactionary in their opinions.

I don't know if it's uncharacteristic. Man City haven't been great in their of their seasons as reigning Premier League champions. :shifty:

Finally saw a replay of Mitrovic's booking since MOTD skipped it, did he really get booked for being shoved? Didn't see anything other than him looking a bit angry, and if that's a booking Costa wants 12 per game.

Chelsea are gonna get relegated :w00t:

We could bust out the "Boys in blue in Division 2" song again! :w00t: 

Division 2 itself has dropped two levels since the last time you were outside the top flight :shifty:

On the subject of Fantasy League, I've had a surprisingly good week, mainly thanks to Lukaku. A Henderson hat trick tonight and I'm laughing.

• Like 1

Chelsea are gonna get relegated :w00t:

We could bust out the "Boys in blue in Division 2" song again! :w00t: 

Division 2 itself has dropped two levels since the last time you were outside the top flight :shifty:

On the subject of Fantasy League, I've had a surprisingly good week, mainly thanks to Lukaku. A Henderson hat trick tonight and I'm laughing.

I think we all would be laughing.

Excited for the game tonight, first home game and I managed to get a ticket. I'm expecting Can to start tonight, we looked more solid as a team going forward when he came on as it allowed Milner and Henderson to attack more. Not sure if Firmino will start but I imagine it'll be 4-3-3 with Lallana and/or Ibe dropping out for Can and possibly Firmino.

After deciding to go to more away games this season, it turns out there are just as many whiners in our away support as there is home.

I don't know what Giroud has to do to stop getting over the top criticism anymore. Even when he scores a goal like yesterday he's still jumped upon. "The worst striker we've had", clearly these people don't remember Kaba Diawara or Chris Wreh or even more recently Park Chu-Young.

On another note, Özil was unbelievable to watch yesterday. His critics in the crowd can do one too.

• Like 1