The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Perez will be flipping his shit. I saw something earlier in the week about De Gea's agent being pissed at Madrid for leaving it until the last minute to put in an offer that Man Utd would accept and that he was now encouraging De Gea to sign a new contract. All of the comments said "no chance" pretty much but it looks like it may be true.

This has always been my issue with Madrid here - if they wanted De Gea that badly, they could have paid the money he's worth and got him. They left it way too late. Almost everyone was resigned to losing him so it's a deal they could have got done. Their loss.

If the deal eventually happens in the summer, at least we'll get a tidy amount for him.

In other goalkeepering news, Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Thibaut Courtois needs knee surgery and will be "out for quite a long time". The Belgian injured his right knee in training.

I've seen 2 months quoted in one place, 4 in another. Begovic is a lucky bastard!

Incredible news and it's now win-win for us. Either we get £35m from Madrid next summer or we keep one the world's best goalkeepers as he enters his prime.

£35m? Surely it'll be £100m minimum, no?

Jimmy?

BvaeY3sCcAEIOz1.jpg

• Like 5

Great news for Man United. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Real Madrid specific clause in there for around £30mil mark, i.e more money than they would've gotten 2 weeks ago but less than his true market value. Either way, it's a much better scenario than they had any right to think they'd be in.

No, Tobes was a beautiful organic moment that cannot be topped. I've had to stop myself calling him Tobes a few times IRL since and had a little giggle after. 

Ayew definitely deserved player of the month, he's been amazing.

• Like 2