The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Absolutely, credit where it's due today. Definitely seeing the benefits of playing Herrera regularly, and playing Mata centrally.

Part of me wants to believe LVG has finally taken the hint and taken the shackles off, but I still think it's more a product of circumstance, in having so many youngsters in the team. It will be interesting to see who keeps a place once players start coming back, and how that affects the overall style of play. I don't think there's a place for Rooney in our best 11 at the moment, certainly not as the main striker or the number 10 anyway.

Thing is, a poor result and performance on Wednesday against Watford, and it'll put a lot of people back to the same stance on LVG. We've been too inconsistent. All the way back to the 3-0 win at Goodison which looked like it could have been the turning point, then we went on a shit run. I just can't see us winning 5 or 6 in a row at the moment. 

I do love that the young players are excelling when being given a chance. He'll get no headlines but even Fosu-Mensah did a great job when he came on.

We need to take the game to Watford next time out. They're going to sit in and play to their strengths going forward. Deeney and Ighalo can hurt us, especially with this defence. Despite the win this afternoon, we still look shaky as fuck at the back.

8 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Absolutely, credit where it's due today. Definitely seeing the benefits of playing Herrera regularly, and playing Mata centrally.

Part of me wants to believe LVG has finally taken the hint and taken the shackles off, but I still think it's more a product of circumstance, in having so many youngsters in the team. It will be interesting to see who keeps a place once players start coming back, and how that affects the overall style of play. I don't think there's a place for Rooney in our best 11 at the moment, certainly not as the main striker or the number 10 anyway.

Rooney's time is done for at this club, it should have been over when Fergie looked like he was going to get rid. Some reports this morning suggested he'll need an operation which will keep him out until the summer. I would not mind that at all, keep the young boys playing in the league and use Martial as the striker in the cups. 

The result was fantastic for us but I'm unsure how the anti-mourinho crowd can use it to push for Van Gaal to keep the job and for Giggs to get it the season after next.

I say this, because I'm seeing a lot of 'screw you mourinho, we don't need you' on my Facebook today.

10 hours ago, Noah said:

The result was fantastic for us but I'm unsure how the anti-mourinho crowd can use it to push for Van Gaal to keep the job and for Giggs to get it the season after next.

I say this, because I'm seeing a lot of 'screw you mourinho, we don't need you' on my Facebook today.

Mainly: it was attacking, exciting football, which has been one of the fans chief complaints?

20 minutes ago, Lineker said:

While that is funny, it isn't as funny as the original undoctored photo in which Steven Gerrard slipped and let Liverpool down, costing them the title. 

Spoken like a true fan of a club that has never came within a flea's dick of winning the Prem!