Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

Just now, Alexis Sanchez said:

I think that is an outrageous decision.

He's sent him off purely because of the injury. They both had their feet up but Ramirez happened to come off worse. He was pointing at his leg when he was showing the red.

Mike Dean is a wanker.

That's my biggest issue. He probably wouldn't have been sent off if it wasn't for showing the injury.

Mike Dean was telling him that he'd gone right through. It looked accidental but I'm with Arjen. There was an incident between them only seconds before and then that happens, with Gaston's leg torn to shreds. He's always going to come to that conclusion. 

It was a 50/50 challenge, and I'm sure Dean had a yellow card in his hand before he saw his leg.

The injury shouldn't determine the card. 

Mike Dean has a massive say in too many games for all the wrong reasons. He's an absolutely shit referee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I reckon the ref might think there's some intent on it as hangover from the shoving match they got in to a few moments before.

You are right, but it wasn't like he didn't play the ball. Both men had their feet high, Stephens just managed to catch Ramirez.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unemployed Liam said:

You are right, but it wasn't like he didn't play the ball. Both men had their feet high, Stephens just managed to catch Ramirez.

This basically.

He caught him with one of his studs/blades at the back of his boot. Was hardly a reckless challenge though. It was just a player going for the ball and being a tiny bit late.

It's ruined this now.

It was reckless play that lead to Boro losing a player. The red was absolutely justified. 

Brighton are getting way too much possession. This is worrying. 

4 minutes ago, Unemployed Liam said:

It'd be laughable though if a player didn't challenge for that type of ball.

Surely it's reckless play from Ramirez too though as his foot was also high.

Quoted the wrong post....

You see that type of 50/50 so many times during a football match and you never see red cards for them or even yellows at the best of times.

Plus, Ramirez can fuck off swatting the yellow card out of Mike Dean's hand.

Yeah it was, any player showing their studs is on thin ice. Ramirez got the ball in open play while Stephens caught was too late and caused damage to another player to an extent that they had to be subbed. I don't think there was intent, but Brighton would been significantly advantaged if they only got a yellow.

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Yeah it was, any player showing their studs is on thin ice. Ramirez got the ball in open play while Stephens caught was too late and caused damage to another player to an extent that they had to be subbed. I don't think there was intent, but Brighton would been significantly advantaged if they only got a yellow.

On another day, he doesn't catch him as bad and he's still on the pitch. It's just one of those things.

Just never a red card. If we constantly had people sent off for those challenges, we'd be seeing games contested as 8v7.

9 minutes ago, Walker said:

Ramirez never got the ball though. They both went for it, Stephens got the ball and caught Ramirez on the follow through.

Again, I see why it was a red, I just don't think it was as set in stone as some might suggest. It also felt that the card was given as much for the injury as anything, which I don't think is right.

That was nerve wracking. We out played them first half, Brighton got the better of the second half. Fair result. 

I hope Brighton get the playoff win. They do deserve to go up. It was always a shame in such a close racing between three teams that one doesn't go up.

• Like 1