FIFA Women's World Cup 2015

Cymbols

LESS ABOUT CRAPPY NATIONS MORE ABOUT 'STRAYA~!

CARN 'TILDAS~!

I admittedly know sweet FA about women's soccer, I'm assuming knocking off Brazil is as big a deal as it would be in the men's yeah?

Not as big a deal as in men's (they're more one of the best second tier teams instead of a top tier team) but still a pretty big win for Australia. Brazil were really underwhelming all tournament but it still took a pretty great counter to put them away.

At the risk of sounding horribly sexist I think women's football could benefit from marginally smaller goals just due to the height of the goalkeepers. They've got no chance with these pens whatsoever. Obviously it would be logistically very difficult, but blah.

Bah, had a bet on the French...

• Like 1

To be fair, Germany straight-up could not have beaten France yesterday if not for the existence of PKs, and our defense is better than France's.

The problem is France still only managed a deflected goal, and their offense is better than ours. I guess the x-factor is maybe fitness/rest? The German backline were the walking dead by the end of that game, and the US' two best midfielders just got the day off while the rest of the team were in cruise control to a pretty easy win. But still, it's Germany...