Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

King Ellis

36081.jpg

Don't call it a comeback...

Yes, it's time once more for 'Gamer Christmas' and I'm back in charge after someone so rudely stole my thunder last year and ruined the finest tradition since Apsham's Festivus celebration. That and there was my unceremonious suspension last year but I digress.

When?

Sunday 14th June

Nintendo World Championships - 3PM (PT) / 11PM (BST)

Bethesda - 7PM (PT) / 3AM (BST)

Monday 16th June

Microsoft - 9.30 AM (PT) / 5.30PM (BST)

EA - 1PM / 9PM

Ubisoft - 3PM / 11PM

Sony - 6PM / 2AM

Tuesday 17th June

Nintendo - 9AM / 5PM

Square Enix - 10AM / 6PM

PC Gaming - 5PM / 1AM

I assume Nintendo will be just a Nintendo Direct again, not sure what the deal with Bethesda, Square Enix and the PC thing and whether or not they're going to be streamed.

Where?

Nintendo @ Nintendo.com
Sony @ Playstation.com
E3 @ Xbox.com
Gametrailers
IGN
Gamespot
E3 on Youtube

E3 on Twitch

I'm not sure what's happening in regards to Spike TV. Normally they cover it but I think I saw something about Geoff Keighley doing Youtube's stuff this year so I dunno if they're dropping it or he's doing a simulcast thing through Spike and YT?

Twitch normally has stuff on their main channel with developers showing off games they've announced so that might be worth looking at in between the conferences.

E3 2015

Since we are in theory already well established in this latest generation of consoles, presumably things should be a lot more focused on upcoming titles, especially those that will leave older generations behind. But will things like Black Ops 3 not quite ready to jump off that gravy train, how muh of a split will we see? After all, Fallout 4 is next gen only...

Microsoft

In the realm of the hardware Billies, Microsoft has confirmed the recently rumoured 1TB model with new controller that adds a standard audio jack so hopefully wont make too much of a song and dance about it at the show itself, and perhaps wont overshadow that again by bringing out a new 'Slim' system. Since they're still playing catch up with the PS4, they've been re-jiggering their price points for feels like the umpteenth time but will it be enough? Will they have anything new to show off? Halo 5 will be coming this year and they have Tomb Raider in their stable now, maybe since they're so chummy with EA now we'll get a sneak peak at whatever this rumoured new PvZ game is, perhaps Garden Warfare 2?

Sony

Nathan Drake's upcoming PS4 outing is facing a delay but the remastering of his previous outings will surely be on display. Since Microsoft seems to be getting friendly with Oculus and having previously showed off their 'Hololens' technology, will Sony update us on it's own VR headset? Finally, LAST GUARDIAN ON PS3 MAYBE, PERHAPS, POSSIBLY? PLEASE DON'T LET THAT ADORABLE GRIFFIN DOG THING BE DEAD.

Nintendo

Apparently the new Legend of Zelda on Wii U is being downplayed after it's delay but the return of Star Fox is expected after that blurry footage of it a while back during one of Nintendo's videos. We're surely at a much too early stage for whatever the 'NX' is but aside from the parading of the old favourites like Pokemon and Mario, maybe something fresh and out of left field after the recent success of Splatoon?

Bethesda

The aforementioned Fallout 4 is going to be a big part of Bethesda's show but maybe the retuning Doom might show it's face too? The most recent Wolfenstein received a lot of praise, and whilst it's probably too soon for another after it's recent spin off, hopefully DOOM will follow in it's critically acclaimed footsteps. And whilst they're probably too busy with the MMO, how about a next gen Oblivion?!

EA

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS Mirrors Edge SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS Star Wars Battlefront SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS Mass Effect 4?!?!?!?! SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS New Burnout...please?

Ubisoft

Pip pip cheerio lads, they're going to be showing off that new cockney Assassins Creed game, isn't it? Along with copious amounts of #GirlWood or whatever Aisha Tyler comes up with this year.

Square Enix

I unno, Final Fantasy XV, I guess? And hopefully some more massive trolling with faux FFVII remakes.

Other

DARK SOULS III, BITCHES. JUST WHEN OLLIE THOUGHT HE WAS SAFE FROM CLUTCHES OF FROM SOFTWARE.

So, in conclusion, let's all meet up here at the above times for some healthy mockery of whatever monkey and/or celebrity they roll out on stage whilst also hopefully engaging in some brief moments of shared excitement and optimism before it inevitably turns to shit in a few years *cough*WATCH_DOGS*cough*

ANGRY EDIT:

*heads back to coin op forum after finally finishing typing all this shit up*

"FUCK YOU, RIDER"

• Like 6

I'm just looking forward to another year of gaming-related zaniness involving on-stage gaffes and amusingly poor attempts by suited-and-booted executives to pander to the common consumer. I don't have any potential announcement I'm holding out hope for, which means that the smaller tidbits that catch me off guard are so much more pleasant. There isn't anything I remember being blown away by last year, but it was the announcement of the Grim Fandango remaster that I was happiest about. Anything of that ilk again would be nice. Beyond that, I'm happy just to bask in the idiosyncratic charm of the whole thing.

I'm worried because last year was really, really low on the cringe. Only Ubisoft really held up their end of the bargain. I don't want the E3 presentations to become competent and boring :(

• Like 3

I just hope we get another cool-looking trailer for The Division with absolutely no release date for the third year in a row.

You mean the exact same gameplay we've seen thr past 3 years?

with a dramatic THERE WAS DISEASE AND NOW PPL R DEAD intro, of course!

• Like 1

I just hope we get another cool-looking trailer for The Division with absolutely no release date for the third year in a row.

You mean the exact same gameplay we've seen thr past 3 years?

with a dramatic THERE WAS DISEASE AND NOW PPL R DEAD intro, of course!

And poorly scripted team chat!

I was wondering how real it is. But Gamespot just put this "what happend" video up earlier this year... so that at least respiked peoples enthusiasimespenis for the game to get released so who knows if gamespot knew something or just caused people to come up with new rumores.