WWE 2K16

You all seem to think that being included in the game is something that has to do with how good they are or how the company thinks of them.

The developers think that the NXT girls are interesting enough that people will pay extra money for them.

They are, and people will. That's not really the argument though.

We get that. We all get that. It is a cashgrab! Something that for all intents and purposes should've been part of the main game that has been made DLC because they know people will buy it because of the current popularity of the Divas Revolution. That is why we don't like it! We know that this is how game developers and publishers operate these days but it sucks! It shouldn't be that way.

Edit: Baddar was faster than me this time.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem with DLC, I imagine video games now are much more expensive to produce so they want to give more but unfortunately can't sometimes. As far as the NXT Women go, you wanna offer people something they want for DLC. There aren't too many other guys you could've put in that spot that would be worth an extra purchase.

• Like 1

It's nothing wrong with her. What bothers most of us is that she was included in the main game, despite being relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things in NXT, whille people like Bayley, Becky Lynch, Charlotte or Sasha Banks who have accomplished much more are DLC.

Edit: Pizza was faster than me.

We get that. We all get that. It is a cashgrab! Something that for all intents and purposes should've been part of the main game that has been made DLC because they know people will buy it because of the current popularity of the Divas Revolution. That is why we don't like it! We know that this is how game developers and publishers operate these days but it sucks! It shouldn't be that way.

No you apparently don't get what I was saying, because you JUST made it clear that the other girls have "done more" and therefore deserve to be there more. The "oh, stuff shouldn't be DLC" is an entirely different train of thought that I disagree with but can at least understand.

It's nothing wrong with her. What bothers most of us is that she was included in the main game, despite being relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things in NXT, whille people like Bayley, Becky Lynch, Charlotte or Sasha Banks who have accomplished much more are DLC.

No you apparently don't get what I was saying, because you JUST made it clear that the other girls have "done more" and therefore deserve to be there more. The "oh, stuff shouldn't be DLC" is an entirely different train of thought that I disagree with but can at least understand.

Nowhere did I imply that they were cut because of how the WWE or 2K or anyone thinks lowly of them. And neither did anyone else here (at least it didn't register with me as such). I know this is a purely monetary motivated descision probably on the part of the publisher. I only used the comparison to explain to you why many people are so frustrated by said descision. Maybe I should've made myself cleared in that regard.

Edited by Hellraiser

Of course companies are gonna make money off of it, but at the same time I look at it more like "Here's a 100$ game, if it's too expensive here's a more affordable version with some characters removed to cut costs."

I can see that being the case with a lot of smaller companies or even bigger ones with unexpected surprises. In industry things can be really odd when you consider that there's a publisher, a developer at minimum and then divisions without those or even additional companies. In a case that includes a game like 2K16 where you have a pretty big company backing them - it could go either way, but in the end I don't think it really matters. Because when you throw down money on a game, it's because you agree with the content matching the price. If Bayley not being in the game makes you not want to buy it.. then alrighty then, there's no problem with that. But I think most people would say that everything contained within the game is worth at the very least, a fully priced release - even if it doesn't interest you.

But at some point there can be a discussion regarding what happens from there. I never, ever decry a company for releasing DLC for this very reason. The number of games that I have not bothered to purchase a single piece of DLC for and enjoyed fully is hard to count at this point. On the other hand, I have picked up season passes and individual pieces of DLC for multiple games that I have figured deserved it. If I picked up a game at standard price and I'm able to play that for a number of months - I think the developer absolutely deserves a chance to get some more cash. Games are expensive and the people who decide what games get made are finnicky - if you can sustain sales in some way past launch that is the best thing you can do these days to make sure that your series of games keeps going. At some point, the devs had to sit down and decide what work work best and making a DLC pack that consists of Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder, etc isn't really going to appeal to most people. They don't buy, the people who are only considered about numbers don't think that the series is worth pumping money into and then next year suffers.

Nowhere did I imply that they were cut because of how the WWE or 2K or anyone thinks lowly of them. And neither did anyone else here (at least it didn't register with me as such). I know this is a purely monetary motivated descision probably on the part of the publisher. I only used the comparison to explain to you why many people are so frustrated by said descision.

I asked what was wrong with Alexa Bliss being in the game. Pizza replied that throwing in Alexa over Bayley would be like throwing in Ryder over Orton which DOES imply that importance on the roster has to do with whether or not you should be put into the game. That post is what I was initially replying to, but looking back at yours - you agreed with Pizza. You also made clear reference to the other NXT girls 'having done more' so regardless of what you thought, it all linked up as far as I can see.

Regardless I don't really care to push on with this in the least.

As far as the NXT Divas go, it wasn't the cut off or them being a low priority or anything, Alexa Bliss made the game. The more important NXT Divas were without a doubt held back for DLC. I hate holding stuff like that back for DLC as a business practice, but that line was crossed a long time ago. I hope the DLC sells well, I want WWE to see them as marketable. 

I don't think she did. There was nothing to confirm that she was in and that leaked advert was said to be fake. Blake and Murphy aren't in, either, so I'm pretty sure that further proves that she's not in.

Edited by Owen

• Admin

You will note of course that Alexa Bliss isn't actually in the game.....

Sorry Owen, didn't see you'd already pointed it out. So what he said.

But basically, I can see the reason why everyone on the roster has been included. Main talent, linked to Stone Cold Showcase, or carryover from last year (which is something people have always wanted right - not take away, always retain and add). I imagine the Vaudevillains and Enzo / Cass are in for tag team section of MyCareer.

Edited by Bad News RW
  • Like 3

For reference, a list of the divas in the game:

1. Emma
  2. Eva Marie
  3. Paige
  4. Summer Rae
  5. Tamina
  6. Brie Bella
  7. Nikki Bella
  8. Alicia Fox
  9. Cameron
  10. Layla
  11. Naomi
  12. Natalya
  13. Stephanie McMahon (x2)

So that makes the list basically last year's divas, current roster divas and a retro Steph. The NXT women will most definitely be a DLC pack, and it wouldn't surprise me to see any of the following as DLC as well: Mid-90's ECW, Early-90's WCW or Missing NXT Males.

With what has been announced thus far, it looks like the only things removed from last year's game are things that were removed for political/moral reasons... everything else has been expanded upon and added to. I had a blast with last year's game, and I know I'm going to enjoy this year's entry even more. If you haven't played 2k15, try to get your hands on it before 16 comes out if you can get it dirt cheap, because if you can find enjoyment in that game, then this year's game should be worth your $60-$120 depending on where you live and what version you get.

Not trying to be that guy, but how many people actually play as the Diva's and how much can you realistically do with them? It's not like you're going to be able to have a vast variation of matches with them compared to "Stunning" Steve Austin vs. "ABA" Undertaker or Mikey Whipwreck vs. Enzo Amore, let alone have them going for almost any of the titles outside of the Diva's and maybe NXT Women's if it's included.

Not trying to be that guy, but how many people actually play as the Diva's and how much can you realistically do with them? It's not like you're going to be able to have a vast variation of matches with them compared to "Stunning" Steve Austin vs. "ABA" Undertaker or Mikey Whipwreck vs. Enzo Amore, let alone have them going for almost any of the titles outside of the Diva's and maybe NXT Women's if it's included.

Go away with your logic!