WWE 2K16

A leaked video on Youtube shows Jerry “The King” Lawler and Jim Ross commentating about certain wrestlers that will be in this year’s roster. The intersting thing about the video is the description which reveals few new matches details that we will see in WWE 2K16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m539iWtj1q4

Well, the commentary sounds like will be dreadful again.

Everything sounds so forced and un-natural. They just need to get the NBA commentators on board, they just go with it and then the game ends up sounding like a genuine representation of real TV.

I think basketball and wrestling commentary are drastically different in the sense that calling the match the way that it WOULD feel natural would be hard to do with all the action going on. Basketball is pretty evenly paced and as a developer, I can at least conceptualize putting in some of the longer talking points in certain places - while in a wrestling game, a number of variables can happen at any time and it would either result in commentators ignoring something or being cut off way too much to feel natural.

Not saying it can't be done, but it's likely something that needs to be worked out and fully conceptualized by a team before it can begin.

It's not even that. It'll never be perfect given its nature, but the way they're delivering the lines there seems so weirdly unnatural compared to the real thing. It just seems wooden, forced and scripted.

Even if they could master saying the lines naturally it'd be step up from that.

Everything sounds so forced and un-natural. They just need to get the NBA commentators on board, they just go with it and then the game ends up sounding like a genuine representation of real TV.

...That IS a genuine representation of real TV.

• Like 2

...That IS a genuine representation of real TV.

Touché. My issue is just how bored they sound when reading the script. Takes away from the game, and I'm sure they'll tell us how much better the audio is this time around just like they did last time...

From wwe2kdev Instangram:

17en1i.png

Wow, that actually look really good/life-like! But, that's just this image, I'll hold onto my reservations until I see it in an in-game video or something

Edited by ChrisO

I hate being right, sometimes. Sometimes I'd like to just an unfounded cynical bastard who gets pleasantly surprised.

The start of match rock/paper/scissors minigame on 2k15 sucks, sure, but if I recall correctly it can be turned off, and when it was all said and done, it was the least of 2k15's problems. CPU vs CPU matches suck balls, since wrestlers ignore entire move categories, and focus mostly on strikes over grapples anyway. The matches, despite the new stamina system, abilities and skill set settings, are still the usual 3-4minute affairs. All the Create Modes and Match Type removals are just inexcusable.

I'm not even picking-up 2016 unless CADiva and CAArena are back. And even then I won't be pre-ordering (since Sting/Hogan were out for non-pre-orderers within a month's time, and then the Season Pass became free before all the included DLC was out anyway etc.), and I'll wait for others to pick it up to see if the CPU vs CPU matches are better.