WWE 2K16

4 hours ago, Halloween Burger KingEllis said:

Oh I didn't mean to send that and now I can't delete the quote. NICE.

Okay, anyway, in Universe Mode, a Battle Royal was held at the beginning of the card. I'm going to assume it's meant to be the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Nice touch. Who won, you ask? Andre, of course! Andre the Giant won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I love this game.

• Like 1

How do you turn someone around while standing?  One of my finishers is a back finisher, but I can't figure out how to turn t them around to do it

Mildly annoyed by the way MyCareer is working at the moment. I got to the #1 ranking in NXT and started a rivalry with Kevin Owens, the champ. Got to the title match at NXT Arrival, he hits me with a baseball bat to retain the title via a DQ loss. Fine.

What I don't like is how the game just goes "your rivalry with Kevin Owens is over", and I have to restart effectively the exact same rivalry over again from scratch by doing a run-in on the following show. Really, the shoddy finish in the first match ought to cause the rivalry to develop further, perhaps resulting in a match with some kind of extra stipulation at the following PPV, but I don't think that's going to happen. I know it's difficult to make the game run this way, but it's just a shame, is all.

6 hours ago, Halloween Burger KingEllis said:

Do they strip the music out when you capture footage of this game? That's a few videos I've seen now where it's just silence during entrances.

And by that I mean using the onboard methods on the PS4/One rather than capture cards/devices or what have you.

It just got zapped from mine, I figured the share option somehow did that

Also submissions are just fine for me, wish they could make the stamina burn less drastic though

I've got slightly better at submissions. Well, in escaping them anyway. 

The main thing that the Showcase is doing is making me loathe Bret Hart. Made it through Wrestlemania and didn't realise that the next match was going to be IYH14...so I have to face him again. Shit.

Playing the bonus match from Bash at the Beach was a nice Hart-free interlude though. :shifty: 

I've finished Showcase entirely, including special objectives. I feel that it was a bad decision considering I've only had the game for 4 days. Gah. Oh well, I got trophies for it. :shifty:

Are you not able to change the hair colour of your CAW in Career Mode? I can't find the option anywhere...

32 minutes ago, Owen said:

I've finished Showcase entirely, including special objectives. I feel that it was a bad decision considering I've only had the game for 4 days. Gah. Oh well, I got trophies for it. :shifty:

Are you not able to change the hair colour of your CAW in Career Mode? I can't find the option anywhere...

? I found it in the usual place...

From the MyCareer 'Home' screen, select: Character > Appearance > Face > Hair & Facial Parts

Select your existing hair or add a new piece, either way... Choose the hairstyle. Then select 'Color, etc.' on the next menu that appears

41 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

? I found it in the usual place...

From the MyCareer 'Home' screen, select: Character > Appearance > Face > Hair & Facial Parts

Select your existing hair or add a new piece, either way... Choose the hairstyle. Then select 'Color, etc.' on the next menu that appears

Ah, it was because I was wearing a hat in my entrance, it didn't let me change the colour. Works now, thanks.

Also, I just beat Kevin Owens in the main event of NXT Arrival, as the number one contender, yet the title wasn't on the line which SUUUCKS. I'm bored of NXT now pleeease. My rivalry with Owens ended the week of the PPV for no reason as well... that probably has something to do with it.

Yeah that happened to me too with my current career

Realistic in how it just gives away matches on TV though. In my feud with Tyler Breeze that culminated at NXT Arrival, in the build-up I faced Tyler Breeze about 6 times. Then my next rivalry was against Finn Balor, and in the four shows prior to the match against him on the next NXT pay-per-view show I faced him in each one of them.

I don't really have a problem facing a rival multiple times prior to a PPV. It's better than rivalries that are a bunch of run-ins and then one match and it's done.

They could do with having something differentiate them, though. Throw in a few tag matches against your rival and X other. Or, if you face them in singles matches, give the blow-off match a stipulation or something.

I'm hoping that when (if?) I make it out of NXT and onto the main roster, it will get mixed up a little bit.

5 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Mildly annoyed by the way MyCareer is working at the moment. I got to the #1 ranking in NXT and started a rivalry with Kevin Owens, the champ. Got to the title match at NXT Arrival, he hits me with a baseball bat to retain the title via a DQ loss. Fine.

Propper heel move. Needs the followup no DQ/hardcore match, your right. To bad stuff like that will likely not get patched in...

Still have not played the game, but for everyone complaining about the new submissions i understand you can swtich them back to last years system in the menus. (same with the pin mechanics i belive) Not a fan of buttonmashing submissions though so i hope this years system will suit me better.

Dos the carere mode bring actual storylines this time or is it just the abilety do run ins and thats it?

Edited by Herr Matzat

The Skill Point payouts compared to last year are really stingy which I don't really mind currently a 68 OVR after finishing a rivalry with Breeze where I finally beat him at Takeover, been beating a few NXT people but always job to the main roster people on Superstars which is fair enough. Itami is my bitch, currently feuding with Enzo now even though I'm face and he is too, he attacked me before a match on NXT with R-Truth. 

Edited by FrostyPickle_3:16

Main roster! Yuss!

Won the NXT title and immediately dropped it so that I could move into the US title division. Made my SmackDown debut against Randy Orton, and won with a bit of assistance from Seth Rollins . This is slightly odd in that I and Orton are both faces and Rollins is a heel...but eh. I assume it's a WWE title feud thing between the pair of them.

Anyway, I think I'll try and be on The Authority's side so no doubt I'll officially turn (back) heel eventually. Earning their favour seems to involve niggling little requirements for each match, like "damage your opponent's legs into the red zone", but it'll give me something different to do I suppose.

I'm not usually one to complain about WWE games because I always really enjoy them for what they are. However they fact they still haven't been able to sort out the three man entrance and the positions is maddening. It's been the same for years and years with the nWo entrance, you could only get Hogan in his position by making him the the team with Hall/Nash and now the same problem with Wyatt Family.

Really annoying, but other than that, I am loving it.

• Like 1

So if you make an advanced entrance, your champion entrance will have no announcing.

Trying to find a workaround to this.

Just got out of NXT in career mode after toppling Kevin Owens for the second time on PPV (in our first match he got himself DQed by attacking my manager, Emma. Fair play Kevin). Couldn't be bothered sticking around in NXT and wrestling the same guys week-in and week-out so I immediately jumped into the IC title rankings.

I've had a lot more success changing my finisher from a submission move to an impact move. Matches no longer take ten plus minutes just because my Signature move won't put opponents away.

Bret continues to be the bane of my existence in showcase though. I hate having most of the objectives done only for him to lock me in a submission move and tap me out.

Still enjoying it though.