The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Great work by Tiger. I don't ever root for him but he was great today. A 5 under 66 is amazing under the conditions.

I absolutely love this course. Would love to visit of some day (reservations start at about $500 per day for the resort!).

The par 3 7th is fantastic. It was only 99 yards long today but being set right at the ocean it played really tough today. They went close to 3.5 hours between birdies there today. Loved the pin placement on the 4th today which set up a bunch of eagle tries on the par 4.

Final round tomorrow should get a huge rating for NBC.

• 9 months later...

Starts Thursday - I think it's on Sky Sports from around 7pm.

I'm quite sure we have one or two golf fans here, so I thought I'd post it. I may stick a cheeky fiver on Martin Kaymer, just because I like him. Mickelson's the favourite at stupidly short odds of 11/2, though.

Tiger is second favourite at 12-1, wouldn't suprise me if he pulled it out of the bag to be honest, he's just that good. But I'm hoping Westwood, he was very unlucky at the majors last year so hoping it's gonna be his year. 16-1 isn't a bad bet on him either or 22-1 on Kaymer for that matter.

Mickelson looked really impressive at the Shell Open this week. It was his first wins since The Masters last year I believe. Really think he's the favorite to win it again this week. Remarkably he'd be tied with Tiger Woods at 4 Green Jackets a piece if he did win this week.

ESPN is doing a Masters "Best Ball Challenge". Simple stuff. Pick four golfers Thursday through Sunday. For each hole they will take the best score from your foursome and that will be your score.

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

I'm in as the "David Duval Fan Club" (yes, I am aware he isn't in the field this year).

With Duval out I'll be rooting for the two members of my trio of golfers I like in Mickelson and Weir (man has he been playing bad lately). I think I read that there are 6 different guys who could come out as World #1 if they won this week. Really looking forward to see if Mickelson can go back to back here. Can someone like McIlroy do it? What about someone like Ryo Iskhikawa who's pledged his entire 2011 Tournament earnings to Japan Earthquake relief.

What a start for Goosen..... -4 after four holes.

I hate that Augusta National doesn't let ESPN broadcast the whole days play today. It is stupid to keep it off TV for anther 4+ hours. I applaud the Masters for letting the tournament air with limited commercial breaks but this part is just stupid.

You can watch coverage as players head for Amen Corner at Masters.com, but yeah I do agree keeping the tournament off TV until much later in the day is a rather big piece of bullshit. Was looking forward to waking up this morning and enjoying some action. Plus I thought I heard ESPN say that viewers could watch Tiger Woods' entire first round on the Masters website. Liars :(

Edited by Magus978

You can watch coverage as players head for Amen Corner at Masters.com, but yeah I do agree keeping the tournament off TV until much later in the day is a rather big piece of bullshit. Was looking forward to waking up this morning and enjoying some action. :(

ESPN is starting its coverage an hour earlier then usual (going on at 3 PM instead of 4 PM eastern) but it is ridiculous when it could be on ESPN or Golf Channel right now. I mean, what good is having a Golf Channel if they can't show me The Masters? Would love to be watching Goosen, McIlroy and Fisher as they tear up the course.

I ended up going with Mickelson, Westwood, Weir and Love III for the ESPN game. That puts me at -1 so far....there is already someone at -11. Wow.

Also really regretting not having bout Tiger Woods yet. Would love to be playing their Masters challenge today.

If you have DirecTV I think they have bonus coverage on channels 701-707 starting at 3 Eastern.

Edit: McIlyroy's group and Goosen's groups are two featured groups on the online coverage right now.

Edited by sahyder1