The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Late TV coverage sucks, but hearing Ross Fisher (who I have money each way on at 150/1) is doing well, makes me happy.

He had a bogey on the 17th but finished with a 3 under 69. Rory McIlroy is playing really good right now. Same with Goosen and Kuchar.

It might just be me. But I watched some of the earlier coverage of Amen Corner and am now watching the live coverage and it seems to me that everyone is hitting the front bunker on the 12th. You'd think someone would just play slightly to the left or right.

Edited by MJB

He ended up with a bogey on the 18th but Sergio Garcia with a 3 under 69. That is the best I've seen him play in a long time. Yet another disappointing round from Kaymer though. It's crazy that he's a hell of a player everywhere but here.

If McIlroy stays as the leader (he is the clubhouse leader at -7 right now)he'll beat Seve Ballesteros' record of being the youngest man to ever lead after the first round. He's going to have a hell of a career. Sort of fitting since Mickelson honored Seve at the champions dinner this week and with all the talk about the European players.

Edit: Does anyone else here have DirecTV?

Edited by sahyder1

McIlroy has a tendancy to bottle it though. He's done it several times including the Ryder Cup Singles against Stewart Cink.

I've been impressed with the 2009 PGA Champion though, something Yang. So impressed that I can't remember his first name <_<

McIlroy has a tendancy to bottle it though. He's done it several times including the Ryder Cup Singles against Stewart Cink.

I've been impressed with the 2009 PGA Champion though, something Yang. So impressed that I can't remember his first name <_<

The kid is only 21 I think. He'll put it together and when he does he'll win a bunch of majors. I agree on Y.E Yang.

Ugh - Sky's coverage started at 7 (half an hour ago) but we won't get to see much golf for another forty minutes until the host goes on the air.

Fuck you, America. :shifty:

Is it live on the BBC over the weekend? Noticed they don't have coverage of today and seemingly tomorrow, pretty annoying really, not even highlights tonight :angry:

Fancy Mickelson, though I'm rooting for Poulter as always. Also had a little shout on Rickie Fowler to be the top debutant.

Ugh - Sky's coverage started at 7 (half an hour ago) but we won't get to see much golf for another forty minutes until the host goes on the air.

Is it live on the BBC over the weekend? Noticed they don't have coverage of today and seemingly tomorrow, pretty annoying really, not even highlights tonight :angry:

Fancy Mickelson, though I'm rooting for Poulter as always. Also had a little shout on Rickie Fowler to be the top debutant.

Due to television rights, BBC coverage is always sporadic, and can only cover certain holes, and then certain days, iirc.

Due to television rights, BBC coverage is always sporadic, and can only cover certain holes, and then certain days, iirc.

Augusta national is really uptight with the TV coverage. I applaud for airing the tournament with limited commercials but they have a lot of stupid rules. For today and tomorrow ESPN wasn't allowed to go on the air until 3 PM (and that is an improvement from last year when they started coverage at 4 PM). I'm figuring it is the same case on the other side of the pond. Saturday they are not starting coveage until 3:30 and Sunday at 2.

Mickelson is extremely fortunate to be at -2 right now. He's had some horrible tee shots so far. If Quiros figures out his approach shot he'd be a threat. His tee shots are amazing.

Edit: Of course as I type that Quiros in trouble on the 14th

Edited by sahyder1

Tiger's alive :w00t:

Will just make his eventual loss that much sweeter!

Very interesting leaderboard. I'm not ruling out Mickelson yet although he didn't help himself at all today. Would love for someone like Sergio Garcia or Fred Couples to make a move tomorrow. Figured Westwood would have a good day today once I dropped him from my lineup.