ITT Choose GA's Watchlist

GA!

I'm certain I've done this before, but I tend to repeat myself a lot so...

I'm looking for recommendations on films (and TV series at a push!) to watch because I'm at a loss at the moment. I'd prefer darker, brooding stuff - obscure too just because I've seen 90% of the mainstream 'classics' (hence why I'm stuck) - but I'm open to anything. Any ideas, chaps?

Wouldn't be surprised if you've seen most of these, but hey!

Before I start, how much Powell & Pressburger have you seen? And how much Mike Leigh? Cos I'd recommend a lot from both.

Red Road (2006)

Edge of Darkness (Mini-series, 1985)

Rosetta (1999)

A Hijacking (2012)

Punishment Park (1971)T

The War Game (1965)

Happiness (1998)

The Jinx (Mini-series 2015)

Eyes Without A Face (1960)

Fat Girl (2001)

Weekend (2011)

A Nos Amours (1983)

Morvern Callar (2002)

Last Resort (2000)

Lemme know what you think.

• Like 1

I'll never pass up an opportunity to suggest some things, despite the fact that you very well could be familiar with them already.

25th Hour (2002)

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007) (I think I've suggested this every single time one of these has popped up but people really need to see it. Philip Seymour Hoffman is outstanding.)

Snow Angels (2007)

Hot Rod (2007) (Completely different than most of the others on this list but I just re-watched it last night so it's fresh)

Hanna (2011)

Stretch (2014)

The Guest (2014)

And I know for a fact you've seen this one but in case anybody else hasn't and stumbles on this topic for their own suggestions: Blue Ruin (2014).

• Like 1

This is just off the top of my head:

The Double

Only God Forgives

Starred Up

I want to recommend earlier stuff, but they're not exactly obscure and I'm sure youve seen them before. Also not sure whether you want non-English speaking ones as well.

Do you like Asian movies GA? I might have a few suggestions for you then! They can be quite dark!

Sounds good to me, I don't mind anything - English or non-English.

And I'll start working my way through some of these, once I've had my mandatory trip to see Jurassic World.