UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

Pleased Herrera starts. He linked up very well with Mata and Valencia on the right last year when he was given a chance, so hopefully he can do the same with Mata and Darmian.

So he won't be linking up with either of them as he starts on the left. Why do you do this to me LVG?

I dunno, thought the turn and finish was pretty good to Rooney's credit. 

It, honestly, to me looked like he was about to hesitate. Credit to Rooney for getting it around the keeper, but Memphis did the work in distracting everybody (even almost Rooney judging by the half second of hesitation.)

I dunno, thought the turn and finish was pretty good to Rooney's credit. 

It, honestly, to me looked like he was about to hesitate. Credit to Rooney for getting it around the keeper, but Memphis did the work in distracting everybody (even almost Rooney judging by the half second of hesitation.)

Where he's positioned, it's the kind of place you'd expect him to trap as he's facing away from goal, so I assumed that little movement was the fool the defender so he could turn and go for goal. Might be overrating it, but thought it was really clever movement.