UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

Off to Anfield for the FC Sion game. 7 changes with Ings, Clyne, Mignolet and Can keeping their places. Origi up top with Ings. 

Expecting a better performance from Origi hopefully he can put in a shift today. Gone for Ings 1-0 in my routinely going the game bet.  

Do Monaco have fuck all fans btw? Watchin the end of the Spurs game and there's so many empty seats. 

Off to Anfield for the FC Sion game. 7 changes with Ings, Clyne, Mignolet and Can keeping their places. Origi up top with Ings. 

Expecting a better performance from Origi hopefully he can put in a shift today. Gone for Ings 1-0 in my routinely going the game bet.  

Do Monaco have fuck all fans btw? Watchin the end of the Spurs game and there's so many empty seats. 

Monaco is full of rich people that own F1 teams

All three Italian teams win, both English sides draw. No surprise there :P

Liverpool should have won that game, so many missed chances by Lallana and Origi tonight. Drawing home to Sion sums up how poor Liverpool typically are. It is so easy for people to just blast Rodgers for how poor this side are, and there is definitely a lot he does wrong (switching tactics like clothes, constantly playing people out of their proper positions, not seemingly have a plan). However, the players themselves also need to take some accountability for how poor they are at times, which I think doesn't happen much at all.

The players, the club, the recent history, its all saying this is your level currently. A run in the Europa and a 5th-8th placed finish. The trick is breaking out of what's become a cycle post your 2nd place finish. It'll either take a shit ton of money FSG might not be willing to provide or a player or group of players to come through your youth ranks like they're Barca's 2002-05 graduates on steroids.

There are a lot of underrated, undervalued players at the market. Iago Falque was sold for what, 8 million euros? Draxler was cheap, and you could argue that the likes of Payet, Wijnaldum, Cabaye, Ayew,etc. could be valuable pieces for a team like Liverpool. Instead they splash 32.5million pounds on Benteke and 25 on Firmino. Nothing against both players, but that's just too much when the market offers you better.

• 3 weeks later...

Excited for the game tonight, heading towards the ground now but cba with the walk from the train station. 

Imagine Origi will be up front again. I hope he can put a good shift in, I felt the Spurs game he was very isolated at times and I've got a sneaky feeling the striker will be again tonight. 

• Admin

A group of Tottenham fans have been attacked in Brussels before the Europa League tie against Anderlecht.

Eyewitnesses said about 50 fans were in the Bar BQ cafe in the Belgian capital on Wednesday night when up to 100 people tried to break in.

"We had Tottenham fans and suddenly people came from outside," bar worker Marie Elizabeth told BBC Radio London.

"They started hitting people with chairs, tables and glasses - whatever they found."

One person was reported to be badly injured in the attack.

Ms Elizabeth said the atmosphere inside the bar had been "very good" before the attack, and that Spurs supporters "did not do anything to cause problems".

"It was very scary because it is the first time something like this has happened in the area," she added.

"It wasn't expected and we didn't know what to do.

"Thank god someone was by the door and they tried to close it, so they didn't come inside. If they had come inside I don't know what was going to happen.

"A lot of people from England were hurt. We called the police and the ambulance and they came for first aid."

Tottenham fan Sion Roberts tweeted pictures from outside the bar following the attack, showing displaced tables and chairs and damage to the bar's frontage.

One person was reported to be badly injured in the attack.

Fans of the north London club have previously been targeted when playing on the continent, notably in Rome in 2012 and Lyon in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey, Liverpool won a Europa League game and Jordan Ibe scored!

After the game Klopp jogged over to him yelling "IBEEEEE" and gave him a hug.

It's hard not to love Jurgen

• Like 4

I want my own mini Jurgen Klopp :wub:

The team played well, pressed high and gave a good overall performance on a pitch that looked more like a farm. 

Ibe's goal was a great run though from a good Firmino pass. Concerned as to how most of the team will feel come Sunday.