UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

23 minutes ago, TLHobo said:

It's not better. There's no trophy.

But it's certainly something glorious, unforgettable, and feels like benchmark for these players. I feel like a good lot of them needed to win this kind of game. You can tell how much it meant to them afterwards. 

Also just look at Mama and Lovren. This is how they celebrate winning. They're the Faces of Fear.

tumblr_o5n968idSU1rjev45o1_500.jpg

Totally agree. You could see how much it meant at the end. Joe Allen and Sturridge coming on turned the game around, Origi I thought was fantastic today, he is going to be some player.  I thought Can did well at times. 

Anyone but Shakhtar next round, really don't fancy the away trip. 

I don't have a clue about anyone in the draw. But I can't imagine anyone of them will want to go to Anfield now.

Will it? Liverpool fans have a night and match they will now never forget, that will rightly be talked about for decades to come.

Nobody will be talking about them getting knocked out by Shakhtar this time next year if they do, by contrast. I can't even remember who beat them last year.

• Like 1

I am confident Shaktar will never knock Liverpool out.

Mostly because we have been drawn against Villarreal.

But certainly because they'll be playing Sevilla.

• Like 2

• Admin

Shakhtar Donetsk v Sevilla
Villarreal v Liverpool

As with the Champions League we have a draw for 'home' advantage for the final in Basel on 18 May and it goes to the winner of the Villarreal-Liverpool tie - the Reds will definitely be the Reds if they are in the final.

That is good, but not as good as this blurry joy.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7762717.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Mamadou-Sakho-and-Divock-Origi-take-a-selfie-on-a-fans-lost-phone.jpg

A Liverpool fan lost his phone in the celebrations at the end, and when a steward gave him it back he found a selfie from Sakho and Origi that they'd taken while celebrating :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Blurry smartphone pics of bemused looking footballers?

That the players took a selfie on a random phone on the pitch and the person got it back. That crappy, blurry picture probably means a helluva lot to that person.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, MDK said:

That the players took a selfie on a random phone on the pitch and the person got it back. That crappy, blurry picture probably means a helluva lot to that person.

Its an awesome story, but I prefer this time it happened.

o-ARSENAL-SELFIE-570.jpg

:shifty:

• Like 1